+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conranch Hackle

Default Conranch Hackle

After reading a recent post about Soft Hackle flies and Denny's reply regarding the use of his JV Hens hackle for just that purpose, I contacted him. He was very quick to reply and that is not all. He told me he could ship the JV Hens next Tuesday and that all I needed was to send him payment via snail mail. I replied letting him know that I did not think my check would get to him in time for the Tuesday shipment. He replied back with the following:

"I will ship on Tuesday and we will let the bird fuzz and monies cross in the mail. Thanks for your order. Enjoy Denny"

I did not expect that at all. Very surprised to say the least. You don't find that kind of trust these days, although, I do find it to be the norm with folks here at FAOL.

Many many thanks to Denny. I look foward to receiving the hackles and tying some Soft hackle flies.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Ty... I have (at last count) 13 of the JV hens from Denny. I also have 4 or 5 rooster capes, too. You can't/won't beat Denny on product quality and customer service. The JV hen does make a great soft hackle. I am phasing out everything but the JV for my soft hackle tying. Enjoy the hackle when you get them. You'll go back for more.... I can promise you that.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

I'll second what Mike said about Denny and his product. I have 5 of the JV hens as well as mature hen skins. They are not only good for soft hackles but I use them to make great Matukas. I also have a lot of his rooster hackle, including a full skin. All of it is top quality and the incredible natural color and sheen make Conranch hackle my favorite, and the fish love it too!

------------------
    Joe

I'll have to chime in on the quality of Denny's feathers and his customer service. Both are top notch.

Not only are Denny and Liz trusting of their customers, they are generous also. They have contributed thousands of dollars worth of hackle to the Boy Scouts so youngsters could get interested in fly tying. There are far worse things that yougsters could get into these days.

Denny and Liz are also pretty fair flyfishers, besides breeding some beautiful birds.

REE

I'm another way-more-than-satisfied customer of Denny and Liz. I've got a few of their capes and each one is excellent. They're full and the feather sheen and quality is as good as I've seen. Generous doesn't begin to describe what Denny did for me when I lost all my tying stuff in the Roscoe flood last fall. He's got a customer for life. I just wish I tied more so I could throw more business his way!

Diane
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

class act in all my dealings with him.

mgj

I had the pleasure of spending some time with Denny at Sowbug last year and found a man with a wealth of passion for his craft. More importantly, the guy is old school. I mean that in the most complimentary way. A man's word is good enough. A handshake seals a deal. Ask him what his returned merchandise record is on his unconditional guarantee.

Ty, I met Denny at the Sowbug Roundup several years ago, and immediately contacted JC and Ladyfisher about acquiring him as a sponsor....one of the best moves I've ever made, I think. I have several (read; many) of his capes and saddles, and no doubt will order more in the near future.

Great Hackle, Great Service!!!
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Blog Entries

I met Denny in Arkansas several years ago and bought a JV Rooster. I have acquired several more of his birds since then and will continue to buy his hackle when I need more.Aleta and I have enjoyed visiting with him at the Sowbug Roundup and Conclave,and Aleta was impressed with the time that he took to teach her about hackle when we first met. We had the pleasure of fishing with him on his recent trip to Oklahoma for the Smallmouth Rendezvous and hope to get to visit him someday and fish his home waters.
    Steve

------------------
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"-Will Rogers
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"
    Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread