+ Reply to Thread

Thread: They're here.

Default They're here.

4-10 was an unproductive trip to the beach. Spotted no fish.
    Saturday, I came upon a school that turned out to be trout.

The smallest of 4 landed. Still no snook.

1/4 of a mile down the beach I came upon some bait. I cast and 4 fish followed my fly. One grabbed it. I failed to set the hook.

A couple casts resulted in the first snook off the beach this year. And the second:

Then catastrophe struck. The VXP crumbled during a forward cast.

Sunday (today), east wind continued. The gulf was clearer than yesterday. The fish were there. They were happy!

I picked up Monic Bonefish from a bargain bin, and I must say that line casts well and lands with barely a ripple. Being clear adds to the lines inherent stealth! The memory, though...
    Isaiah 41:10

That beach looks familiar. Wife and I went to the beach Sunday. She saw a couple of fish. We weren't fishing, but I headed out Thursday to scope out a spot. Thought the wind was out of the east, the waves were breaking onto the beach and stirring things up. So, I got back in the truck and headed north to another spot. Saw one fish. It's a little early, but (obviously) there are a few fish around. The action peaks during hotter weather when we get loads of fish and lots of bait along the surf.

Here's a shot of some snook in the surf:

+ Reply to Thread