+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking For Parnelli

Default Looking For Parnelli

Does anyone know about the current status of Steven McGarthwaite - "Parnelli". He is a member (actually a charter member) of this board but I have not seen a post by him for sometime.

The reason I ask is that I got an e-mail from him the other day but there was only the message "Hi Dave" and a link to an address that didn't make much sense. I didn't open it as it was suspicious looking but then I got to thinking I had not heard anything of him for quite a while.

A couple of years ago he sent me a couple of disks he had compiled of older Fly Of The Week patterns.

Did anyone else get an e-mail from him recently? I suspect someone may have hijacked his mailing contacts and sent out bogus e-mails.

Dave

6286 Birch Valley Dr, San Antonio, TX 78242

Dave,

I spoke with Steven's family and it was not him that sent the email. He is still with us but due to health issues he has not been on the board and will not be returning.

Javier

Thanks Javier. I suspected the e-mail was a scam so glad I didn't open it. I'm sorry to hear Steven is having health problems. If you speak to him again please convey my best wishes for his recovery.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Mortis View Post
    Dave,

I spoke with Steven's family and it was not him that sent the email. He is still with us but due to health issues he has not been on the board and will not be returning.

Javier
    I am sorry to hear this. I've enjoyed Steven's contributions ever since joining FAOL. I especially appreciated his effort of pulling together the fly tying sections on CDs. I'll say a prayer for his speed recovery.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers everyday for him and family.

steven is one of the "good guys". I did one of his beginner's swaps and he even called be about a question I had, we had a nice, long conversation. I hope he is doing well.
    "Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it"
    Ed Zern

I,too, took a beginner's swap from him, learned a lot and had shared several emails with him. He is a very knowledgeable fly tyer. Hopefully we is doing well.

I went through the last Beginner's Swap that he hosted. I sincerely hope that his health improves.

+ Reply to Thread