+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stay Tuned . . .

Default Stay Tuned . . .

I?m currently sitting in one of the NW World Club?s at the Minneapolis Airport right now awaiting my connection to Anchorage, Alaska. Yahoo : ) While I have been fortunate to fish all over the globe, this is my first trip to Alaska.

I'll be spending the next 7 days with an old college roommate chasing all sorts of finned quarry, mainly with the fly rod (as conditions allow). Hoping to score some nice Ling Cod on the long rod from a few of his shallow water honey holes and also chase some ocean Chinook which are staging off the river mouths now. He has lived up there much of his life so the local knowledge will play a big role.

Probably going to fish the Deshka and a few other rivers within a few hours of Wasilla as well.

Hope to have some good stories and photos in the near future so stay tuned . . .

------------------
    Jeff - AKA Dr. Fish
    If it has fins and swims than I must chase it!

Best of luck and can't wait for a report.

Philip

------------------
    Excuse my spelling and Gramma, I hooked mondays and Fridays so I could either hunt or fish.
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

The best of luck Jeff. You have all the skills needed, now lets hope the Gods are smiling. Thanks for thinking of us at a time like this. We look forward to your reports.
    Just "git 'er done!"

Jeff,

You are going to a beautiful part of the country and I hope you enjoy every bit of it. I was stationed in Fort Wainwright, Alaska while in the Army and I know I enjoyed the State. Fort Wainwright is at Fairbanks. Be prepared for mosquitos and I mean lots of them!! Look forward to hear how the trip went. Make sure to take your camera.

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Just landed in Minneapolis, flying in from Anchorage. WOW and I mean WOW what a trip!!! Weather was simply outstanding and the fish were VERY cooperative. I'm not even home yet and I'm already planning my return : )

Story and photos to come in the near future.

Well OK, here are a couple to tide you over : )

PS - being light up there 24/7 means that hard core anglers like myself get ZERO sleep : )

------------------
    Jeff - AKA Dr. Fish
    If it has fins and swims than I must chase it!

Dr fish, Great fish and it looks like great weather as well. Can you please tell me what kind of fish is that in the first photo? I do not recognise it [being from down under] it looks like a very dark snapper.
    All the best.
    Mike

Hey Doc,

Nice fish and absolutely beautiful
    surroundings.*G* That first fish looks like
    a black sea bass. If so, you got some fine
    table fare there.*G* Warm regards, Jim

Dr. Fish,
    Waiting for the report and pics!
    NICE rockfish! Looks like a Blue? Great fillets....yes?
    Must be nice to have kings thick enough to consistently catch'em on bugs in the salt.
    ....lee s.

Oh sounds like fun. This time of year--when we lived in Anchorage--we'd still be out fishing at 11.45. Heck, it was light out at that hour. Fishing was better after 9pm anyway.

+ Reply to Thread