+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for nothing St. Croix!!!!

I assume somebody associated with St. Croix has read this thread and since none of them have chimed in to resolve the problem strengthens my belief that they just don't give a crap. No surprise to me. DON'T PURCHACE A ST. CROIX.
    Tight Lines & Wet Nets

Rick Federation

why not try calling St Croix again, and inquire about a replacement tip that you are willing to buy. A different customer service person might just do it like they did for one of the other posters.

I've got a couple of St Croix rods .... love 'em. Never had any issues with them. If you are seriously going to get rid of them I'd be glad to take them. I've broken several rods in my lifetime. One was on the river and two were at home. I never felt like the rods I broke at home was poor material or a mistake at the factory. While they were covered by a warranty I never sent them in. The rod I broke while fishing was very unfortunate. While it was covered I still had to pay $50 for shipping and handling. I gladly payed it and took the company up on its warranty. No problems. I honestly hope things work out for you with St. Croix.

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    why not try calling St Croix again, and inquire about a replacement tip that you are willing to buy. A different customer service person might just do it like they did for one of the other posters.
    I thought about that and if they ask I suppose I will lie about how it happened, looks like that's what they want.
    Tight Lines & Wet Nets

Rick Federation

Blog Entries

Had a far worse deal (in my not so unbiased opinion ) with a WInston rod this past fall and felt worse about the fact WInston communicated so poorly, did so little, charged so much, and then refused to respond to my comments... And I broke the rod while fishing with a Winston pro-staffer...

Try $182 to replace a tip section... Just doing my best to make you feel better... or at least stop sniveling!

Sorry but I guess you should put me in the "No Sympathy" catagory about your situation. You wrote that in the past you had been satisfied with the replacement of a rod tip that you broke by accident. The company replaced it for $20. This time you are not so satisfied, in fact you're quite upset that the company has not satisfied you even though you say that you broke this rod tip by accident too! Aside from service you've been extremely happy with the performance of the many St Croix rods you've owned.
    Gee, I know what I'm about to say isn't a popular position but your attitude screams like you did nothing wrong, you're not responsible for damages and the company should be honored to support your mishap. You accidently broke the rod. It wasn't manufacturers defect. It wasn't broken while fishing, or at least that's how I read your comment. Somehow you broke it. Suppose you had a year old car that was under warranty and while driving home after a grueling day you happen to go through a red light. In the intersection your car is 't boned' by a car that had a green light. Now this accident was clearly your fault but I guess, given your argument, you'd go to the car dealership or manufacturer for some type of compensation. Then bad mouth the company for failing to pay to have your car fixed.
    Now it may not be good business for the company to deny your claim and the poor image you're describing, but maybe the company is just tired of people who buy its products expecting unconditional guarantees and not taking responsibility for their actions.
    No sympathy here.
    Last edited by Allan; 03-29-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Allen you just don't get it do you I am not asking for a free replacement, I am willing to pay for the tip. Two I did not make St. Croix's warranty they did, When the last one broke (my fault) they said it did not matter they had a no fault warranty. If they did not want that kind of warranty then they should not have offered it and if I do not like it I can go purchase a new rod elsewhere. I am not asking for warranty work just to purchace a tip like all the other tips on ST. Croix's website. So no I did not do anything wrong except to believe that St. had good customer service, that was my wrong.
    Tight Lines & Wet Nets

Rick Federation

The longer this goes on the stronger my resolve to never purchase another ST. Croix rod for as long as I shall live and make sure I warn as many people as I can about it. Word of mouth goes a long way.
    Tight Lines & Wet Nets

Rick Federation

I checked out their website and reread the OP's original post. I'm wondering if St. Criox is treating this as a no fault warranty claim since the tip section model number is not available on their website for sale. It may be that ST. Croix for what ever reason limits the models on tip section available for sale and leaves all others to be handled as warranty claims. The problem here is not with the OP in my view, but with St. Croix customer service representative for doing a poor job of explaining St. Croix policy. "they can't" as an explanation to the OP's inquiry is not a satisfactory reply.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Carp,

Actually, I just went to the St Croix website and read the warranty. It sounds as if you were given the exact information that appears. Section 2, Section 3, Gold Star Plan - subsection for the Legend.
    If I were St. Croix, I'd look at your post and actually use most of it for advertisement: (paraphrasing) 'Had a fly fishing guiding business for many years and used 000s of dollars of St Croix rods. Only 2 of the St Croix rods were ever damaged because, through my action, I accidently broke the tip of each.'

+ Reply to Thread