I would love to have you back swapping.

Rick

Flies from Bill DESavage in.

Rick

Got fleis from Icemanxxxv.
    One more set to go.

Rick

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

I don't know who will be administrating the swap for 2013, but you're OK with me. Glad to hear from you again.

Maybe we should have a vote on who everyone would like to administrate the swap for next year. I did the best I could for 2012, but I'm sure it could've been done better. I just didn't want the swap to die, because that's the main memory I have of Bassman...how much he loved the SOTMs. I can keep doing it if everyone wants, or if you would like someone else, I'm OK with that, too. Just as long as the swap keeps going.

And, Merry Christmas, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbaSurf View Post
    Any chance I can get in on the 2013 monthly swaps? I miss fly swapping!

Karli-Rae

Blog Entries

What do the duties of the administrator involve?

Karli-Rae
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Karli-Rae,
    Glad to see You back.
    On the 2013 SOTM I will not be involved. The hands are getting worse and 'Unc Artie" is affecting the elbows also now, one Good thing is the shoulders haven't gotten worse. Hopefully My Oldest Grandson(23) who expressed some intrest in Fly Fishing and Tying apprieaciates the load of "Goodies" He's getting for Christmas. I am keeping 1 rod I can still "Dap" off the bank.
    Merry Christmas to ALL and a GREAT NEW YEAR!
    Bill

The administrator collects the list of participants and assigns the months and keeps the list updated if people come and go. I don't know if we need to "vote" but if someone would like to volunteer and give Joel a break I can understand his wanting to continue or step aside. I think you've done a great job, Gigmaster!

One thing I think we need to do is see if we can get our count back up to twelve. This swap is a tradition. I have been participating for three years and I'm a relative newbie...

Happy Holidays Every One!

It would be nice if we could get back up to 12.

I don't mind administrating. I just know that I have never been good at it. I'm more of a grunt, or middle-management at best.

The administrator keeps track of the swaps, assigns the swapmiesters for each month, keeps the list updated, makes changes as needed, acts as referee, logistics officer, assists the swapmeisters when they need it, and any other required duties. You also have to keep everyone motivated, provide positive morale support, and try to fill empty slots. I think I have been in this swap since 2008. I am not sure who originally started the swap, but Bassman was administrating it when I joined. When he passed, I was afraid the swap would die, so I sort of wound up administrating to keep it going, in his memory. He really loved this swap. It's been really tough keeping it going, and keeping interest in it. I think at one time we were down to just 4, or maybe 6 members. The economy, natural attrition due to age, physical infirmaries, and personal issues have all taken their toll, but we have weathered it all so far. It says a lot about the people in the swap. I don't think I have ever been acquainted with a finer group of people. You'll be in very good company.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbaSurf View Post
    What do the duties of the administrator involve?

Karli-Rae

Sjo Crapels, Kloosterkoolhof 12, 6415 XT, Heerlen, the Netherlands, Europe

I would like to make a new start with the SotM. I'm doing better now. I still go to Neurology for my lower back injury. My left knee hurts badly, that's why I take painkillers. But I think I can give it a go again. I grew into this and I never met a nicer bunch of guys and dolls.

Sorry to hear you saying you have to stop permanently, Bill, life's a bitch sometimes. My hands and eyes don't do what I want them to because of my diabetes. You sometimes can see that in my performance, I do anyway. I hope you will soon find another hobby (way of life), and wish you the best.

I'm fine with the outstanding job Joel does, no reason to change that!

Cheers
    Sjo
    Let the fly be with you....

You got my vote sjo. Good to see you back.

I am so sorry, bdsavage. You'll always be with us in spirit, anyway. You never know, maybe things will get better, and you can rejoin. If I have anything to do with it, there will always be a place for you in this swap.

+ Reply to Thread