+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What brand name vise?

Hello,

I got a renzetti traveler about 15 years ago and haven't looked for another one since. Had an opportunity to get other vises for good deals over the years but the renzetti traveler does everything from size 28 midges to size 5/0 striper flies. Good vise. Hope you find one that fits

Go catch a fish,
    Gary

I had a Renzetti Traveler and sold it because I needed money at the time. When it came time to repurchase the Renzetti (was my plan), I saw the Peak, tied on it and fell in love with it. That was 4 years ago, never looked back. Its a great, rock solid vise. What feels right to you may be very different though

Looks like the Peak brings $150 new on ebay with free shipping.
    There have never in history been so many opportunities to do so many things that aren't worth doing. - William Gaddis

Hi, I am surprised that no one has suggested looking at the Renzetti Apprentice vise...it is offered at less than the travelers.
    I learned to tie on a traveler 20+ years ago and my vise has served me very well. I am hoping to purchase a second
    one soon to keep at our cabin. I don't think you wpuld be disappointed in any of the Renzetti vises.

Well I bit the bullet, or should I have said the vise, and got a Peak. I looked at one or two others and talked with several people in fly fishing area that had a Peak and they loved theirs just as several of you had indicated. Santa is bringing it on his sled but I had an opportunity to slip it out of Santa's gift bag and tied one fly. I think I'm in love. Never having had a good vise before I love it. By the way, the first fly I tied was a Chilli Pepper that Tony Spezio ties. I finally got a chance in October of this year to go fishing with Tony and caught my first trout ever and it was on a Chilli Pepper saw I thought it was fitting that first fly tied on new vise should be that fly. Sorry I got so wound up and such a long post but I am tickled beyond explanation. I want to say a big hearty thanks to all of you who chimed in an helped this old country boy out. I have never ask anything on this site that I didn't get a lot of help on topic and that means a lot to me. Now I have got to hurry and get it back in Santa's bag before he finds out it is missing. Once again thanks you are all a great bunch of people. mathcarver.

mathcarver,

I think you will love using it and it will serve you well for many, many years. Now get it back in the box before "Santa" catches you!!!!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Peak has been my choice for over 5 yrs

its more money but I love my Nor vice . you can use the automatic bobbin with any vice it will make faster.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by fishexcavator View Post
    its more money but I love my Nor vice . you can use the automatic bobbin with any vice it will make faster.

Bob
    I have to agree with the nor-vise. I bought one last year and love it.

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Two words: Griffin rules! I have a Montana Mongoose that I wouldn't take any amount of money for.

+ Reply to Thread