+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Look Good and Act Right

Default How to Look Good and Act Right

Here's a couple of "tongue in cheek" articles on fly fishing equipment and clothing.

How to Look Good

How to Act Right
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Thanks Silver! I enjoyed the read. Myself, like many others ironically follow most of those recomendations because they are nothing new and based on good old common sense. One of the joys of this sport for me is the whole ritual of "gearing-up"!

aa
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

Same as App, I enjoyed the irony. Gotta find humour in what one's passion is, otherwise it may become joyless! I went through the article , checking things off as I went. Oh boy, I missed not a trick. One of the neat parts of flyfishing is suiting and rigging up, riverside, with a buddy. I remember doing it beside the Clinch River in Tenn., with a new friend (Appalachian Angler) , and enjoying the conversation about gear and such that IS a large part of what we do as flyfishers. I did the same thing last night,with another new friend , on my home river . We may appear silly at times, but , it's all in good fun. Personally, I like to have good stuff that works well, makes me safe and comftorable, and helps me fish to the best of my abilities. It also helps you weed out the true addicts from the chaff.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Creek View Post
    Here's a couple of "tongue in cheek" articles on fly fishing equipment and clothing.

How to Look Good

How to Act Right
    The above was written for DUDES!

You have to look deeply tanned and grizzled, have been living in the same tan waders and grey brown jacket daily for 10 years,
    wear a black tie and never make eye contact. Above all!! you must cast to absolute perfection.
    Dick

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flybyknight View Post
    The above was written for DUDES!

You have to look deeply tanned and grizzled, have been living in the same tan waders and grey brown jacket daily for 10 years,
    wear a black tie and never make eye contact. Above all!! you must cast to absolute perfection.
    Dick
    What waders do you have that can be used daily for 10 years and not leak? I would be interested in making the investment.

Ed

+ Reply to Thread