+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cellphone do not call list!

Default Cellphone do not call list!

Hi, I wanted to share this bit of information with you: REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month. REMINDER..... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls. .... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS... To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 1-888-382-1222. It is the National ...DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time.. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number. HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON .. It takes about 20 seconds. I did this already on my phone.

Thanks LF, made the call, pretty painless!

TT

Sorry, but Snopes rules this one as false. Here's the link. http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

I registered my cell phone sometime back and now I get telemarketing calls daily. The listing is no guarantee.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneFly View Post
    I registered my cell phone sometime back and now I get telemarketing calls daily. The listing is no guarantee.
    Try this,

Assign a ring tone to all those numbers in your address book that you want to receive calls from then turn the ring tone off for the phone. Those numbers with the distinct ring will still ring in when receiving a call and all the rest won't ring. If it is important the caller can leave a message which you decide if you want to listen to.

Works well for me.

I can usually tell who is calling just by looking at the number calling in, but your suggestion is a good one. I'll give that a try.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Cell numbers can not be released until the cell companies stop double charging
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Any time you see an email with the phrase like "HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON" or "please send to everyone" or some other variation of this the message in the email is dubious at best and usually incorrect though there may be some threads of truth in it. These types of messages were usually crafted by someone trying congest email servers and networks by getting people to unwittingly participate in a form of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack.

Well, I got a sales text to my cell yesterday, the first for me. And I dont have a texting plan, so this will cost me something (I know, I'm old, I can survive w/o texting). So maybe there is something to this - I registered my number on line https://www.donotcall.gov. It seemed to have more steps than needed, but thats to be expected if it has the ".gov" suffix.......
    "Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it"
    Ed Zern

My thanks to Ladyfisher for the alert and to pillcaster for the link. Almost as easy as falling off a log. ( ask me HOW I relate to THAT)

Mark

+ Reply to Thread