+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sage announces the One

Default Sage announces the One

Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Well, that's great news.

I suggest everyone run, not walk, to your nearest Sage outlet and buy "the one"!!
    You will be set for life with the greatest fly rod ever imagined, much less built!!

That is until the "next one" haunts the flyfishers market.
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

I see Cabela's is taking prebook orders for the One. It has quite the weight reduction over the Zaxis. It is 1/8 ounce lighter and $500 heavier than the TFO BVK in the 6wt. http://www.cabelas.com/product/ONE-R...3Bcat109787580
    I will refrain from any editorial comment
    Last edited by pillcaster; 07-23-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    "Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it"
    Ed Zern

So lets see, by my calculations that amounts to 4000.00 per ounce. I don't think so .

Would you guys prefer the evolution of rod development remain in the 40's? Why is it everytime a manufacturer comes out with a new rod many of you dump on it? Especially one that is high end? I for one own many Sage rods and models and I like the fact that Sage continues to make improvement. I have noticed a big improvement from that of the SLT to the ZXL and the RPL to the Z-Axis, but not so much between the XP and Z-Axis. I hope they never stop coming up with new designs.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I agree. Fly rods are actually cheaper in constant dollars when compared to the past and it is due to leading edge companies like Sage. A moderate priced rod is better than the same cost rod in inflation corrected dollars from the 1970's, '80s, and 90's.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

I don't understand it either. It just means that the older "best tech" rods get pushed down the line and we get to buy them as a cheaper model when the new ones come out. I know that a Sage top of the line is never in my future, but the previous best will be remarketed as a second best in the lineup...and that may be doable...some day
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

New and improved designs are great. Higher & higher prices are not. It's a fishing rod for crying out loud. Even some fiberglass rods are priced way above the common man's budget. I understand the cost of research and development, but it seems like the manufacturers are trying to re-coup the price of the proto-type with the sale of every rod. These high prices do nothing to dispell the notion that the sport of fly fishing is for elitists only. It's a fishing rod, not an antennae for the space shuttle.
    Rant over. (for now)
    Admin, feel free to delete my post if you think I've overstepped my bounds. I just see decent equipment being placed further & further outside my meager budget.
    Last edited by Lotech; 07-23-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I defy anyone to say that that rod will catch more fish or better fish than any other rod out there. Therefore in my opinion the rod is designed to catch fisherman due to hype and prestiege.
    I have sold rods that have been built on 50 to 150.00 dollar blanks (also with a lifetime warranty) that when put in the hands of some professional casters have been more impressed with them than the sage rods they have tested.

OK. The Sage One will catch more fish and better fish than the Shakespeare wonder rod.
    Regards,

Silver

+ Reply to Thread