+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 full Season

Blog Entries

Default Run over by Bulls and Hawks!!!!!

Hi all.

The snow pack has held here, and just north of me they got more snow today, Fri 28 April, so I have been out some, some nice walks along a closed river even saw a Rabbit post! My son and I were over run by bulls he tangled with a huge one and a smaller one, survived both encounters but now needs a bigger Fly rod!!!

The Hawks are back on their nest, I had seen two Bald Eagles on the nest in Late Feb, but the Ospreys have reclaimed it!!

I will have some down time when the run off hits, so will get to tie some flys for the summer fishing..

Tell me you can see the rabbit in this post

Running of the Bulls

I have talked to him about his big fish handling skills, at least he did not try to net it!!

Note: No I will not tell you where we got them and which fly we used!!
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Nice report and nice bulls!

I think I spied the rabbit.

Snow just keeps coming. I walked out my front door this morning for my morning run and was greated by 2 inches of fresh white powder. That's not supposed to happen down here. At this rate the spring run off will take us right into fall.

Blog Entries

The lure of a forbidden piece of water, and some non-fish fishing pictures!

A promise of a great Dry fly season

The Boys

The rocks will be watching you..

A cold spring of colours.
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Blog Entries

It is all about to happen whether we, can fish it or not is the big question.. things have been slow here in SWAB, lots of rain and Run off.. opening day to the full season is on the 16th lots of rivers blown out but we will see, some are dropping....

This little fella came from way out east of me along the SASK/AB boarder

nice reservoir

Green meany soon to be a nice Caddis

Forgot about this guy.. still full on winter then but nice fish for the day!!
    Last edited by flyfishfairwx; 06-14-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Going for the gold..

Great trip did a lot of panning for Gold ad it paid off, the trip was uneventful from a dangerous wildlife POV..

Unless you count mountain goat hippies

Great food

Great views, that is my son trying to surpass the old man in fish counts, you must count and measure the fish for the squints

My trophy

The insurance

+ Reply to Thread