+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts?

Default Thoughts?

If some one asked you to put up some cash in an investment in this product would you, I for one think not as to me there is not to much of a niche market for these, I could be wrong but cost alone would put me off.
    http://www.jessejamesreels.com/index.html

Blog Entries

No. No, I would not.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

In a word, "no".

Just what the world needs, another $500 overpriced product endorsed by some minor celebrity. yawn.
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

If you check Flybc FFBB you will see all kinds of responses to this exact same type of post..

This is almost in the same category as that darn movie... there will be nincompoops thinking that because they have the reel they are fly fishers, and we will have to suffer their - ineptitude until they are lost or show some promise and become actual fly fishers and not posers...

As with That darn movie..
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

No! No! No! 8T

No. Only in 7/8, expensive niche product. Might be of interest to collectors, as they likely won't sell many, and could have value as a curiosity 50 years down the road,

Absolutely NO!. And, if for no other reason than that it has that DORK's name on it.

Mark

No I wouldn't. There are a number of very well made reels available with an excellent track record of reliability and support. These may be good reels, but I doubt that they can gain any appreciable share of the marketplace in a very competative marketplace. Just my opinion.

Jim Smith

The guy has rotten judgement anyway....

The whole Sandra Bullock thing?

Have you seen his clothing line?

I think he has a line of cookwear as well as some auto/motorcycle related products...all of which are showing up in discount bins and dollar stores now....just another person willing to scatter his name onto anything that flashes by for profit...

So, no, I'd not invest in this.

But then again, if it ain't all MINE, I wouldn't invest in ANYTHING...so my view may be a bit skewed....I'd rather be completely in charge of a little than be among others controlling a lot...

Good Luck!

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

At $500? No.

But, I'll be honest... I don't care much about Jesse James, motorcicles, or implied badassery, but I do dig cool looking reels...and yeah, that's a pretty sweet looking reel.

If these were smaller, and produced and sold at the same rates as the rest of the Asian import stuff we're seeing more and more of (ie, >$175), I'd pull the trigger on this before most other no-names.

+ Reply to Thread