+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Farewell to my fishin' dawg -- no Idaho for me this year

Danbob, My heart and prayers go out to you. We are currently owned by two beautiful Golden Retrievers, our 4th generation. We have buried each Patriarc as his time was ended with tears and sadness. It is never easy, and as Warren said there is never anything one can say that will make you feel better, but know that we understand and hold you in a comforting embrace.
    "Tap her light and she'll always be fresh"

I'm so sorry Danbob - this too will pass, but not easily ever. Let him go, never let him suffer.
    Hugs,
    LF

I've been through this too many times and have at least one more time to go. It hurts the same way every time. I hope he passes as painlessly as possible for both of you.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Danbob,

Warren said it better than I could! Loved the photo! Beautiful dog in a beautiful setting! You will always have shared that! Take Care.

Best regards, Dave S. (currently owned by two german short-haired pointers)

Thanks for the kind words, understanding, and support, everyone!
    DANBOB

Very sorry to hear that. She's a beautiful dog. I went through that a few years back, with my great dane. Her spine and hips began disintegrating and it wasn't too long after that. She made it to 11, which is excellent for a dane but it didn't make things any easier on us. My deepest sympathies.

Sorry to hear about your pal!! If our pets could talk we'd all be in trouble

Fatman

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dog. I lost mine right after Easter. Someone poisoned her. Would love to get my hands on who ever did it.

Rocky

Blog Entries

Danbob

So very sorry too hear about Kodi, I have been in that position way too often, and it hurts and hurts hard, that hurt will not go away, the good memories of your times a stream and and the wandering that you both did will soften the hurt to fond memories and a wonderful feeling of love and loss.

Keep her love close to your heart..
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Blog Entries

Danbob, I am sorry for the pain of your grief. As years roll on there will still be pain, but it will be dulled by time and tempered by the love and memories of Kodiak. The main thing that a good dog wants is to be loved and accepted into its family, although most won't turn down a treat. My thoughts are with you.

Ed

+ Reply to Thread