+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ron Kusse Interview

Default Ron Kusse Interview

I just got off the phone with Ron Kusse and am going to be interviewing him on Saturday evening!

If anyone would like to ask him about bamboo rods or anything fishing related please, please, post it.

This should be a great interview!!!

TT.

Looking forward to that. I've always dreamed of owning one of his Magnum O'pus rods. He has one of the most interesting web sites around, particularly the tour of his shop and the 1989 television interview.
    You don't ever want a crisis to go to waste... - Rahm Emanuel

Who is John Galt?

Just tell him I appreciate that he built the Black Troll. A 7 1/2'-4 weight would be the cat's meow, and if the steward of finance ever smiles on me, I'll have one.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

This will be good!...n I'll just let you chat him up n let flow as it shall... Your last interview was good... But there was so much thrown out there that a good deal of what was brought up got trampled over... Wish it'd been two or three hrs long!... You do a fabulous job Ilm not complaining by any means.. Just wish there were more time to bend such an awesome figures ear n really pick their brain!! N it's the elfin I dream of!!!! Oh yeah! Or drool over as the case may be!
    Last edited by billknepp; 08-26-2010 at 10:49 PM.
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

I look forward to this podcast.

My questions:
    What got Ron interested in making bamboo rods?
    What does he look for in bamboo that tells him this is the one to use?
    Is a rod made from a single culm?
    What is Ron's favorite bamboo rod to fish with?
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I had the great pleasure of spending lot of time with Ron Kusse at the FAOL Fish-in at the Delaware River Club on the Delaware River in 2001. I had became friends with him, helping out with his host duties during the Fish-In as his "gofor" (many of the photos of that fish-in that are on FAOL where taken by myself, as well as the other duties I carried out to help), and got to spend hours and hours talking with him at meal times when most of us took our meal at a diner in Hancock NY (across the river from the FAOL Fish-In site).

He is wonderful person, who has lived his dream his whole life, doing the only thing that he wanted to do, build split cane fly rods. He was best of friends with some of the greatest rod builders in the Catskills. Ron Kusse is a living legend in fly fishing, and it honor to be able to call him my friend.

My suggestion is to let him do the talking, and record everything he says, all of it will be priceless! ~Parnelli

PS: If you remember, tell him that Parnelli says that I still think the world of him.

Where are the podcasts? I would be very interested in this one, but I don't know how to find them.

Who is John Galt?

Do a search for podcasts, and then follow the links. You should eventually get to the archive of them where you can just click on one and listen.

Try this: http://www.flyanglersonline.com/podcasts/

TT.
    Last edited by Thunderthumbs; 08-27-2010 at 03:30 PM.

Just let Ron talk, he has a lot of great fishing stories from alot of the old masters
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderthumbs View Post
    Do a search for podcasts, and then follow the links. You should eventually get to the archive of them where you can just click on one and listen.

Try this: http://www.flyanglersonline.com/podcasts/

TT.
    Thanks. There should be a link on the home page to get there. As it is, they are hard to find.

Who is John Galt?

+ Reply to Thread