+ Reply to Thread

Thread: devil dogs

Default devil dogs

Saw this on another web site and thought it was pretty cool. I got one staying with me, my son, and one as a next door neighbor. OORAH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sam4l...layer_embedded
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Stratton View Post
    Saw this on another web site and thought it was pretty cool. I got one staying with me, my son, and one as a next door neighbor. OORAH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sam4l...layer_embedded
    WOW

That was cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was only 30 yrs younger I would join back up!!!!
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Just so you folks that served in other service branches don't feel left out, here's the original version that salutes all.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a0ORdQU

Many thanks for your service!

Now I was a REMF from way back, one of those weekend warriors. It was recently discovered weekend warrior could be pretty good soldiers when put to the test. But anytime a proud Papa wants to tell me about the branch of the service his patriotic son or daughter is in I am more than happy to listen to him. I wish him the wisdom to go with his courage and pray the Lord protect him and let him return home safely with a chest full of medals but no Purple Hearts.
    Last edited by Uncle Jesse; 07-14-2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Because I type poorly.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

That video promotes war and killing, like it's going to be a lot of fun for the kids.

At least the kids right now are not speaking Japanese or German.

Bass_Bug Guest

My 17 yr old son had a recruiter come to the house tonight. He's very serious about enlisting. As the recruiter said, Kids today are looking to the military because of the military video games and movies, even though the real thing is quite a bit different. This video may not be a recruiting tool, but I don't see videos like this being any kind of deterrent either.

Bass Bug, all three of my sons have served. One still is and one is medically retired after being seriously and permanently injured. The recruiters will do their best to present everything in its best possible light. That's their job. Unfortunately, some are - in my opinion- less ethical about that than others. I felt it was my job to make sure my sons made a fully informed decision and I think I did my job in that regard. But the decision was theirs to make, not mine. I'm confident that they went into it knowing the risks.

Like it or not, war is a part of life that will never ever leave us. My hat is off to each young son and daughter with the desire to pick up the sword and march forward for those who either cannot....or won't. Videos like that are a result of the reality that in war, one cannot half-step....cannot hide from duty....cannot crawl forward. One must charge forward with a purpose, and a willingness to put the Constitution & Duty above self. HOORAH!

+ Reply to Thread