+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deschutes Opener

Default Deschutes Opener

Well it was opening weekend on the lower Deschutes and I've heard some really good fish have been caught but it was a bit busy. We've played that game before but you got to know where to go. In our case we went to the middle and will fish the lower once the flows drop a bit. However. there wasn't any one out there where we were at an had the whole place to our-self and the fishin' was good. (And thanks Tyro)

-JakeHPIM1197.jpgHPIM1214.jpgHPIM1195.jpgHPIM1224.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luckie88 View Post
    Well it was opening weekend on the lower Deschutes and I've heard some really good fish have been caught but it was a bit busy. We've played that game before but you got to know where to go. In our case we went to the middle and will fish the lower once the flows drop a bit. However. there wasn't any one out there where we were at an had the whole place to our-self and the fishin' was good. (And thanks Tyro)

-JakeAttachment 4288Attachment 4289Attachment 4290Attachment 4291
    Love the first pic with the feet hanging!!!!

Looks like nice water have never seen it before!
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Default Kinda partial ...

... to the pic of the Canyon, Jake. Not that the fishies are bad, or anything like that.

It's just that I had a very different impression of what the Deschutes looked like. What you are showing is a place I could spend a lot of time, with or without a fly rod in hand.

John
    The fish are always right.

The Deschutes is truly a different river along it's full course. Different landscapes and flows. Jake's picture is very classic of the middle portion, the pictures that I have put in my posts are typical of the lower section and the upper is much more of a meandering stream through pine forest much like this:

r748_p693_lg.jpg

Tyro, I love the upper as well but we still have anoter month befor it opens. The brookies and Cranbows are always fun, but the landscape is some of the best.

Cheers

Ya, John, you don't need to have a fly rod to have a good time

Is this more like what you were thinking , John.

Exclamation Pixels rule ....

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
    Is this more like what you were thinking , John.
    It wasn't, Duck. But I am now.

Thanks for the different views guys. Definitely an interesting piece of water with a great variety of habitats. What's not to like about a river like that ??

John
    The fish are always right.

Nice report! Nothing like having a stream like that all to yourselves.

Lucky,

Thanks for the Deschute pics. Missed a chance to float it in June with some buddies when a friend was diagnosed with cancer. Now I know what I missed. WOW!!! Thanks for the report.

Beaver

+ Reply to Thread