+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EP Baitfish

Diane, I think that you hit it right on the head. I think it's about expectations. Scott who started the thread did say that the delivery was slow, but also mentioned his longest order was about 12 days. I really wasn't in a big hurry and since I haven't tied with the product I might find that it is the greatest stuff since sliced bread and I HAVE TO HAVE MORE. I agree that if the man is that busy he should probably consider putting up a notice that says if you order from me expect you products in a month. Then when you get it in 3 weeks you will say, "Damn, that was fast!" Perceptions and expectations are a big part of the business game.

Again, others will have to make up their own mind about this. I'm going to quit talking about delivery time on the product and my next post on this subject will be about the patterns that I can tie with this congo hair. Life must be pretty good when the worse thing I can think of today is whether I got my fly tying supplies now or a week ago. Life is good indeed.

Rick

Rick,

Glad the stuff finally arrived and look forward to seeing some pics of your flies soon; remember first rule of tying EP Flies - less is more ( and it's probably still too much LOL). How do you like the colors you got?

Regards,
    Scott

Colors look great Scott. The combinations should produce some nice finished products.

Rick

Another material to try instead of EP or congo hair is unbraided macrame yarn. Seriously. Here is a link to the place I have used in the past.

http://www.carolsrugs.com/fly_fishing_cord.htm

There is a sample fly at the bottom of the page.

Hope that it's OK to post that. I brush it out with a hairbrush I got at a dollar store.. cut off about 6 inches at a time, there is a little technique to it.

Hope that helps.

Scott

+ Reply to Thread