+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Al Crise Passed Away This Morning

Default Al Crise Passed Away This Morning

Allen Crise, former Vice President of Eduction for the Southern Council of the FFF, long-time moderator of the CCI Study Group, Legend of the Southern Council, Master Casting Instructor, father, husband, and friend passed away shortly after midnight after an 8 month battle with cancer.

Al was a good friend and mentor, and the bourbon is open in his honor tonight. Didn't help any to learn last night my wife was wounded in Iraq.

I am so sorry to hear about your wife's injury(ies). I admire her for serving her country and to preserve our many valuable freedoms, at great cost to herself and to her family. I feel for you. My wife had a 3 year run with cance: I felt very helpless during that experience. Keep your faith and ask unabashedly for what you, your wife, and family need. I am happy to listen if you'd like to talk or wish medical questions answered. Send me a PM if I can help.

Dana

I can't even begin to put into words what I feel after your post. Hopefully YOUR WIFE will come home soon and mend quickly. I and my family appreciate her sacrifice and Thank You for telling us about her.

Mark

My heart aches for the Crise family and I pray that they will mend from their loss as God wills. I also pray for your wife's rapid healing and return to family. All concerned are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I hope your wife is ok & will be home with you soon. My thanks to her & your family for the sacrifices you all have made for the country. Please keep us up to date on her condition.....

Flyguy66, Sorry to hear about Al. I just poured a shot in my coffee before I opened this thread.

The burbon is opened for him. And a shot for the wife for her service, Forgot this last night.
    Last edited by Byron Zuehlsdorff; 02-18-2010 at 06:00 PM.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Blog Entries

I am going to sip a bit of Grande Marinier in Al's honour. I will raise my glass also in a grateful salute to your brave wife and will send a prayer for her speedy recovery.

I know they need her over there, but all the same I hope this speeds up her return to Home soil all in one piece. Give her my heartfelt thanks please.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

i'll toast your friend and wife with a chocolate rootbeer float. prayers for your wife, your friend and you. be cool man.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

My wife's injuries are not severe. She'll be out of commission for a couple of weeks. She's pretty bruised, scraped up, few cuts, pulled muscle in the shoulder, and a badly sprained ankle. She's the gunner in an MRAP armored vehicle w/the 1st Armored Division and was knocked from the turret, which is about a 10' fall onto a steel deck with a couple of bounces in between. Thanks for everyone's concern. She's where she wants to be doing what she wants to do. And her unit is already shorthanded and over-worked. So she certainly doesn't want to come home. And like most soldiers, she's most upset about being stuck in quarters recovering while her friends are still out there.

Blog Entries

I am glad to hear her injuries are not severe. She is in our prayers as well as Al's family.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

+ Reply to Thread