+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats in Your Pack ?

Blog Entries

I'm sure that Fischer has your best interest at heart.

Ed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdD View Post
    I'm sure that Fischer has your best interest at heart.

Ed
    I must say thanks, and that yes I would bet my last breath on that.. Just one of the traits of a GSD that I love so much, he has already stood up to two wolves and a black bear, while we were fishing, but will lay there and watch a deer or flat faced deer (cow) walk by and not even flinch, he has even stopped me from walking into a Alberta puddy cat (skunk) one evening, he just stopped and stood across the path and would not move. Damn I love that dog..
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Cold Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wulff View Post
    What is it about fly fishers that makes them like fly fishing, scotch and/or whiskey and cigars?
    Cigar smoke keeps the mosquitos out of your face...and the spirits...uh...improve your balance in the stream?

Talking

I like and use Al Campbell's idea, and that is to keep it simple, I too used to have a vest with everything "I just might need you never know" in it, and I learned, for me, a simple waist belt with the basics is all I need and find I enjoy my fly fishing ten times much more...
    lol That kitchen sink used to get mighty heavy after awhile...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Blog Entries

Default Gear

I have way too much in my Sage gear bag. Every now and then I sit down and decide to sort through all the stuff, but the pile of items to leave out remains very small. You just never know when you may need this or that?Seems like every time I really slim down my gear then I really needed something that I had left at home.

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

2 things I always carry...a whistle and some bayer aspirin...being over 56 sucks sometimes...but, better to be prepared in case something does come up...

Quote Originally Posted by robgcp View Post
    2 things I always carry...a whistle and some bayer aspirin...being over 56 sucks sometimes...but, better to be prepared in case something does come up...
    YOu hit a great suggestion and not just for a headache or body pain. That could save your life if you have a heart attack.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

My outings are generally short....2 hours or much less. So, I pack fairly light.
    In addition to my fly boxes, I take a camera, extra batteries, pliers/forceps, tape measure, extra tippet material, a cigar or two, and a lighter in my pocket.

My outings are usually in urban settings.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

+ Reply to Thread