+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: french leaders

Normand,
    The text in that website link is in Polish ( as in Poland).

Mark

Bass_Bug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    French leaders on a Polish website?

Mark
    Where do you get Polish? There are 2 translation buttons, English and Czech and also a Finnish phone number.

By the way, did anyone 'Czech' out the price of said leader?
    1x CAMOU FRENCH...350,00Kč

Shipping 80,00Kč
    Total 430,00Kč

I dont have a clue what the H3ll a Kč is but I still wouldnt pay 35000 anything for a leader!!!!

I do stand corrected. I didn't see the word "Czech" on the top line of the web site but simply read the text phonetically. It reads VERY similar to Polish ( in fact almost EXACT). I am NOT Polish but can speak it fairly well. As far as the quoted prices, they must be in some other non Czech currency because their currency ( whatever it's called) is about 17 to 1$.

Mark

Normand Guest

the initial post is really about a french leader at 29.5 feet long, not about what language the site is written in or the type of currency to buy it.

the leader is used in a style of "french nymphing", i guess its similar to czech nymphing. GOOGLE it to find out more.
    Last edited by Normand; 11-16-2009 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass_Bug View Post
    Where do you get Polish? There are 2 translation buttons, English and Czech and also a Finnish phone number.

By the way, did anyone 'Czech' out the price of said leader?
    1x CAMOU FRENCH...350,00Kč

Shipping 80,00Kč
    Total 430,00Kč

I dont have a clue what the H3ll a Kč is but I still wouldnt pay 35000 anything for a leader!!!!
    Er, the Europeans use a comma where we would use a decimal. That's 350 Czech Korunas or about US$20.50.

One of my fishing partners has been dupped into trying a type of mono for his fly fishing that replaces his fly line. Maybe for One style of fly fishing it MIGHT work, but it don't like being locked in to a specific style.

First thing that I thought of with that long of a leader isn't to cast it, but rather fishing crappie in the spring to 30'. I really wanted to fish the whole year this year with just a fly rod. A friend took me out in a boat crappie fishing. I had along different spools of leader material. I did fine when we were shallower than 10' and even did OK out to 20' but when the fish were over 30' deep and I was fishing a floating line on the fly rod, I could have used one of the 30' long leaders. The wind was moving the boat, you didn't cast it but rather just let it out and played the fish off of the fly rod. Bluntly I finally gave in and grabbed one of his ultra lights - OH the shame of it all.

Normand Guest

years ago alot of people simply spooled their fly reels with mono and it seemed to work for them. theres even a book written about it.

dont ask i dont remember the author!

its just one of those "different strokes for different folks" kinda things.

I think it could add to the whole custom thing too. If you tied your own fly, made your own furled leader, built your own rod, theres not much left to do yourself without a lot more work (reels and hooks) but making your own flyline out of mono and getting a custom taper that way would be impressive and add even more to the personal touch.

+ Reply to Thread