+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went to the doctor today

nighthawk Guest

Default Went to the doctor today

I had my followup appointment at my family doctor today. Found out that the staff at the office was not relaying any information to the doc while she was sick about her patients. This is the second time she has caught them doing this and she was one ANGRY lady today.

I cannot post a whole lot tonight as I am still very doped up and tired. Took a huge effort to go to the doc today. The poor doc almost cried when she saw my poor belly. I am much improved though. Spread of the rash is reversing, the weeping has stopped, the itching is almost gone, still burns a little bit but new skin is now forming. Bad news is that the meds and injury have driven my blood sugar back out of control but we will be able to handle that too.

I tried to work Thursday. Thankfully my boss was keeping her eye on me. She made me park my forklift, she sat with me until I was O.K. to drive and then sent me home. She made me call her when I got home too. I have a wonderful boss that I will tell you more about later. Turns out she has some really unique bamboo fly rods.

I apologize for not being able to take or return calls. I do really appreciate the thoughtfulness. Between trying to work, being doped up, the unability to sleep or stay awake more than 4 hours at a time and a few needed short trips to the pharmacy I missed some calls. I promise I will return your calls sometime soon.

I am going to close now but before I do I want each and everyone of you to know that I am so very, very greatful to all of you here for your thoughts, prayers and support. I am blessed with all of you, Amy, a good doc and a great boss. Every now and then He lets something happen to us to remind us to count our many blessings. I got His point and I am telling Him how greatful I am for all of you.

Thank YOU!

Eric, hang in there buddy. Glad to hear your tummy is healing so fast.

Eric,
    Prayers always with you buddy. I'll talk to you soon.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Eric,My Friend:
    For "obvious reasons", we know between us, I'm always on alert to any and all posts concerning the health issues of my friends posted here!
    Believe me, if "Oregon Prayers" are as good as I hope they are, then it's no wonder you've begun to improve, because Linda and I have had you "on the list" ever since your first post on this problem.
    Thanks for this latest update. We've been worrying and wondering about how things were going back in Penn's Woods.
    Hang in there, Buddy. Sounds like you're at least on the road to recovery.
    Also, if you run low on the "Happy Giggle Pills", just PM me and I'll send you a few hundred pounds of whatever you need!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Best thoughts from here as well..

Take care

Steve
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Hey Eric, hope you get well real soon. In future you will just have to confine your fishing and hunting adventures to somewhere free of poison oak, Did you know NZ has no poison oak and no poisonous animals!
    Hope to see you here sometime soon!.
    Mike.

Glad to hear you are and getting better and that you have a collection of good ladies in your life. I would offer to swap bosses with you but it seem you have enough misery without mine. Listen to the ladies, get well and come down to the Atlanta area and we can spend some time floating down the Chattahoochee or chase some bluegills.

Eric,

Prayers sent for you. Get well soon and take it easy.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Hey Eric, I have been away so have missed the story of your adventure so have no knowledge other than Mike saying about poison oak.... whatever that is LOL! Sounds like I don't want to know either!

Good luck, chin up, and thoughts coming from down under mate.

Chris
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Hey Eric,
    I hope your rash goes away.

Mark

+ Reply to Thread