+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the nicest thing you've won?

Default What's the nicest thing you've won?

With all the various fund raisers we go to we are always buying raffle tickets of one kind or another. Best I ever won was a pair of large fly plates. One the International fly plate and, the same year, at the same show, an FFF plate. They sent me the wrong FFF plate. They had two at the show and had 2 separate raffles for them. I only bought tickets on the one because it had some famous tyers in it whose flies I did not have while I had all but 2 of the tyers represented by the other. Later when they sent me the history on the winnners throughout the history of this thing, and the profiles on the tyers in the plate...they sent me the one for the one I actually won but didn't get. I always just figured that one of the inner circle won the other, but recognized the other was worth more so they just switched them figuring I would never know..
    It's nice but not as nice as the other. Not that I would sell it but I would estimate that there is an easy $600 difference in their value.
    I don't even want to think about the money I've spent trying to win rods or rod/reel combo. Never won one, I could have bought one of QC's for what I've got into tickets over the years... Funny how other guys seem to win a rod every year. How about you?

I won the Sage Tcr that was offered from K&K fly shop on Faol.Great rod but i have never won anything before that ... I guess when your turn finally comes Mantis your gonna win really big .

------------------
    The more time I spend around people the more I like my dog.

Mike

mantis,

I'd have to say the nicest thing I ever won was right here on FAOL. I won a Wulff classic bamboo fly rod. Unfortunately, it and I did not get along and I sold it. The proceeds from that sale went towards a pop-up camper and you know where that went, LOL.

Allan

Mantis;
    Rocky Mountian Elk Foundation, $15.00 ticket, 12 ga. auto loader. Sold it! Auto loaders sound like they are coming apart and on doubles I'd bring it down after the first shot to see what fell off!!

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus AKA "Lucky Dog (Pirate Name)"

Up until this July, I've never won anything of note, actually if I won it, it was so piddley I cant even remember winning it. Anyhow, I won a Rolex watch in a company wide competition that the head office ran. I've never owned anything more than a Timex watch out of X mart because I am death on watches. Its definately not someting I would ever buy for myself either which is why my wife made me keep it and not shoot it straight onto E bay.

I asked the boss if I could have the prize in money instead because I'm not a bling bling fancy smancy watch/jewlery/rings type of guy. My current wedding ring is another replacement ring that came from X mart when I lost the last X Mart band fishing. Anyhow, the plan was to keep the money for a fishing trip somewhere or perhaps the ultimate fishing rod or something like that.

Unfortunately the boss plays Golf.

He looked at me as if I was from Mars when I explained what I would do with the money. Ultimately, I therfore now own a Rolex watch and am still saving for THAT trip. I wear the thing to work because now I am all self conscious and I am sure *they* check out my wrist every couple of days to make sure I didnt pawn the silly thing or something. Now I can tell the time in 48 different countries simultaniously, thats if I get help to lift my wrist up heh heh...

At a Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation banquet I spent 25 bucks for three raffle tickets and won a Kimber rifle and scope combination valued at 1500 dollars.

Rocky

I have never really won anything...but I did come really close once.. (which I think it was rigged!!)

A drawing for a fly rod and reel combo (everything included)... the last day of the drawing I went and brought 12 tickets (plus had a few from months before).. I had about a total of 30 tickets.. well to make a long story short... the wiining was 1 number higher then the last ticket I bought.. which may I mind you.. last day,last hour.. and he was closing the shop in 5 mins

Hi Mantis
    The best thing I have won is a sage 5 wt SLT what a great rod I love it in fact it is my favorite rod. And I have to say I won it at the FAOL DRC fish in 2002.

Blog Entries

Ohio tuber need not answer this one . lol

I won a 300 weatherby magnum at a fish and game dinner I went to in the 1970's . I had won the dinner ticket at the legion bingo . At the same dinner I won $150.00 worth of shotgun shells which I donated back to the junior shooters club . (I don't shoot skeet) I traded the weatherby to the guy who won a 12ft boat , trailer and 2hp motor . At the same banquet .

The best thing I ever won was next weeks 9 million dollar 649 lotto . Shhhhh don't jinx it .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Most of you here KNOW my answer.....it's the Sage VT2 rod (I chose a 9' 6wt) that I won right here in FAOL's September drawing.
    Keep signing up folks...your time will come!
    Mike

------------------
    This site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread