+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Airflo Ridge Line

Default Airflo Ridge Line

Was wondering if anyone has tried, or is using, this Airflo Ridge Line Distance Fly Line? I was talking with a gentlemen last week at Cabela's about fly lines and distance casting, and he recommended this type of fly line. Never heard of AirFlo before, but Cabela's carries it and thought about giving it a try on my 5wt.

Fishing mainly from banks/shorelines, the extra distance really helps ... when my hauls "fail me"

Mike
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

I bought some at a local shop, the Tactical Trout line. It is one of the best lines out there, in my opinion, especially for dry fly fishing. I also love the bonefish taper. Killer line and casts like the Sharkskin without the noise. I bought it because it is impervious to DEET and sunscreen, it's made out of some different material than normal fly lines, Polyeurthane (spelling?) I think.

Bryan

I'm thinking of trying out their WF 5wt it runs about $60 which isn't bad.

Mike
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

I have the AirFlo Ridged on my Legend Elite and I really like it. The line I have is the WF 5 . I was hoping to get the DT line but DT is getting harder and harder to find these days. (a personal rant I've talked about before on here). I've been using that line for over a year now.

Keep in mind that fly line alone doesn't make you a better caster so hopefully you're buying the line for the right reasons.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

I agree fully, the line doesn't make one a better caster!

with all practicing I do in my yard a couple of my neighbors keep asking if I actually going fishing or looking for fish in the grass! I think over the past month or so my casting has come along way .... by my standards I practice atleast 1 hr or so everyday I can get some free time. Plus we have a small local pond only a few miles from the house that also serves as an excellent practice area, along with the added benefit of catching some nice panfish with surface files.

I want to try out this new line on a couple of larger lakes in the area when casting from the shoreline.

Thx's
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mato Kuwapi View Post
    I have the AirFlo Ridged on my Legend Elite and I really like it. The line I have is the WF 5 . I was hoping to get the DT line but DT is getting harder and harder to find these days. (a personal rant I've talked about before on here). I've been using that line for over a year now.

Keep in mind that fly line alone doesn't make you a better caster so hopefully you're buying the line for the right reasons.

+ Reply to Thread