+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10' 8wt Tiger Eye Salmon rod

Default 10' 8wt Tiger Eye Salmon rod

Here's a rod done up for a customer just in time for his first salmon expedition of the season next weekend. This one is a 10' 8wt Tiger Eye with REB NBS hardware, Red Mallee insert, full wells grip with fighting butt, Garnet (no CP) wraps with full sized metallic gold trim bands, snake guides, inserted stripper, and a few other touches as requested by the new owner.

Steve

Smile

Steve -

You have a very CLASSY customer. And your customer has a very CLASSY rodbuilder.

John
    The fish are always right.

Blog Entries

Nice rod Steve, although I'm not sure I agree with the customers choice of rod length, (depending on where he may be fishing) he chose a Tiger Eye and a good builder.

PS. I see your using decals on your rods. How hard is decal connection to deal with (I assume that's who your using). ....Or maybe you make your own?
    I prefer to hand letter myself, but on occassion (like the birthday on this rod) it's hard to squeeze all that on a rod without using decals.

Thanks guys,

Smernsky- The 10' is actually perfect for what he's doing Most salmon guys here C&D rig with "zip line" fishing the PM river..so you want to keep as much of that line off the water as you can so the 9'6" and 10' rods are the length of choice for that style fishing here.

Never used decal connection but have heard they are pretty good, I know alot of guys on RBF use them and I cant say I have heard anyone speak poorly of them at all. I make all my own decals on my Alps printer.

Blog Entries

Smile

Your Printer does a fine job Steve...thanks. Different style of salmon fishing out there I guess. Back here the ol' 9x9 or 8x9 rules.

+ Reply to Thread