+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Pink Fly Swap

Thanks for the update, TyroneFly, and thanks again for joining in on this one. It was nice having you in on this one. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

2. Default Swaps for Newbies

Hi: I believe it was Eight Thumbs right that said this was his first swap??? Anyway, I think it was. But my point is, I live in East Central Alabama and we have no trout or fly tying clubs near me. So, I had to learn from forums, books, videos, the net and trial and error.. Oh, and that REAL BIG thing.. Swaps. I'm no pro by any means now as ya'll can clearly see by my flies. But swaps will MAKE you learn to tie flies.. So, do like I did. Join so many that you almost get burned out on them. not only will you learn from your own flies, you'll get flies from ppl who have been tying 30,40,50 years sometimes.. A treasure trove right there for you to look at and study.. HTH, Chuck (Alexander)

BTW Eight Thumbs, you flies were GREAT. Where did you get those rubber legs??? I like those..

To All,

I got my flies today as well, all of the flies are Awesome!!! And Thanks for hosting the swap Bassman. I hope to join in more swaps in the future and I also hope they are all as much fun to participate in.

Thanks again.

Black_co

BTW: 8T and I are both first timer swappers.
    Last edited by black_co; 09-03-2008 at 06:06 AM.

Thanks for the update black_co and thanks again for joining in on this one. It is always nice to have first time swappers. It was great having you in on this one. Each time you do a swap it gets to be more fun. John

I just need to hear from 2 more swappers and this one will be complete. This has been about the best swap I have ever hosted. Thanks again to all of you.
    Last edited by bassman; 09-03-2008 at 01:20 PM.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Exclamation Snail Mail was well named!!!!!!!

Hi John,

I found out that Snail Mail was well named. I just received my package of flies today, exacting 13 days after your postmark on the package. I did a little MapQuest check and found that we live exactly 206 miles apart. That means that the US Postal Service was able to move the package approximately 16 miles per day. Actually, I think the flies ended up in the wrong postal box and had to be returned to the postmaster. We've gotten a lot of mail belonging to other people and have had to return it. Our postmaster seems to have many things on his mind but the mail doesn't seem to be one of them.

Anyway, the flies are just great. I'm amazed at the genuine creativity of our little group. Thanks to all who participated. Pink is definitely the color of...........great fishing flies. Thank you for all your time and effort in managing the swap. It was definitely a positive experience and I anticipate joining another swap very soon. You are an awesome swapmeister. 8T

Thanks for the update 8T, I am glad you finally got them. It was a pleasure to have you in the swap. John

I just need to hear from deserttrout, that he has received his flies and I can say this one is complete. John
    Last edited by bassman; 09-12-2008 at 02:56 AM.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Talking Pink Weenie Legs!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck10101 View Post
    Hi: I believe it was Eight Thumbs right that said this was his first swap??? Anyway, I think it was. But my point is, I live in East Central Alabama and we have no trout or fly tying clubs near me. So, I had to learn from forums, books, videos, the net and trial and error.. Oh, and that REAL BIG thing.. Swaps. I'm no pro by any means now as ya'll can clearly see by my flies. But swaps will MAKE you learn to tie flies.. So, do like I did. Join so many that you almost get burned out on them. not only will you learn from your own flies, you'll get flies from ppl who have been tying 30,40,50 years sometimes.. A treasure trove right there for you to look at and study.. HTH, Chuck (Alexander)

BTW Eight Thumbs, you flies were GREAT. Where did you get those rubber legs??? I like those..
    Hi Chuck,

Thanks so much for the nice words about the Double Pink Weenie. The legs are actually the spikes that I cut off a Koosh Ball, those soft rubber, spikey balls that sell for a dollar or two in toy stores. Many of the balls light up when squeezed. We had a big discussion and a lot of laughs about them on the fly tying BB back in July. You might search "Weenie Balls" or just check back to see what people had to say about them. They are cheap and very life like in the water. Brim and bass seem to like the feel and hold them for a lot longer than a typical fly. If you have any questions about tying with them please give me a PM and I will get right back with you.

BTW, you tie a pretty good fly yourself. I'd say that you learned pretty well from your variety of sources. I am definitely going to tie up some Pink Panfish Procurers and give then a try. I really like the looks of your fly. One other thing I like about swaps---you meet some really good people. Take care! 8T

High Desert Area of N. CA. 60 miles north of Reno, NV, at the north-eastern base of the Sierras.

Sorry
    Bassman
    Received the flys early last week. As many have said; "Great Flys by all!".
    Now I need the recipes to some and is anyone going to do a picture album of these flys?
    I will be looking for another swap to join or host.
    Tightlines and good thoughts
    Jim the deserttrout
    deserttrout

May Your God Be Your Fishing Partner

Thanks for the update, Jim. Sorry I did not do any pics. My camera is on the fritz. If you start a swap let me know. I would be interested. John

This swap is now complete. John

+ Reply to Thread