+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mute Swans....

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone. I wasn't sure if it was still "legal". But when it comes between right, and legal, I'll choose right almost 100% of the time.

I've also heard that swans are quite dangerous. Same with Geese, but I've never seen geese as dangerous. I've had a few run-ins with them this year while fishing and thier sissies *Knock on wood*. But swans on the other hand. I've also heard stories of them breaking arms, and legs.

However, when I was down there, I watched this poor bird for quite a few minutes before attempting to tough it. I was waiting to see if momma goose came back, and she didn't. Nothing did. Then when I described the bird to my son, he informed me it was infact a mute swan cygnet.

Cute little bird,
    Shane

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joerogrz View Post
    I'm not understanding how a swan can be dangerous? I can understand the scratching and biting being pretty annoying, but I don't see how they would be life threatening unless you were around them in a dangerous area or they were carrying weapons... I've been attacked by Canada Geese before and usually a swift kick would stop them, but not kill them.

Shane I do agree that you did the right thing, but if one of these rogue swans pulls a knife on ya, you better run....

Funny
    Swans have been known to break men's arms with the beating wings. They can blind you with their bill. Swans a VERY tough birds. Irate parent swan vs coyote? My money is on the swan. And if you think that being bitten by a goose (smaller bird) can't bruise, where do you think the term "goosed" comes from?

Ed

+ Reply to Thread