+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: disappearing thread

nighthawk Guest

Question disappearing thread

I have no idea what happened to my thread "An apology and a problem with the BB". All I can say is that I must really have upset someone so, again, I apologize. I did not remove the entire thread. Last I knew only admin or a moderator could do that.

I pulled my posts from Mike's thread so no one else would get offended, I know that is closing the barn doors after the horse has gotten out, as I do not wish to offend. But my entire Apology/problem thread I did not touch. It's off in the ether some where.

Eric,
    Don't worry about it! We will start new posts and brighter days are ahead!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I wouldn't worry about it. You can't please everybody.

Eric you seem to be making lots of apologies lately - I dunno what for though, I have never seen you say anything even remotely objectionable.

Smile Take it from an offensive guy...you're not offensive!

Threads are pulled from sites all the time. Sometimes the reasons are obvious...sometimes not.
    I remember responding to request for taxidermist recommendations on a general outdoor forum.
    The thread was pulled I guess...because one of the site's advertiser's was a taxidermist...
    go figure.
    Like others have said ....don't worry about it.
    nam

'That' would not happen on here. Sometimes things are posted that so strongly contort or damage a thread that the only cure is the complete removal. To continue moaning about where it went only causes more problems. It is no ones business who or what was written that caused the regrettable action. And, so far,,, none have just disappeared by accident.

nighthawk Guest

I was asked what happened to my posts by more than one member thus I posted here. If that is considered moaning then so be it. A simple PM either from the offended or the admin would have resulted in a personal apology being issued and this whole can of worms could have been avoided. A little common courtesy goes a very long way.

Right now I could care less. I just got done shipping out surgical kits, mortuary bags, aircraft and vehicle parts to a bunch of troops that have to eat sand everyday and live under the specter of death and dismemberment every day so forgive me if I am not being exactly Emily Post right now. All of this hubbub about inappropriate jokes, peoples feelings being hurt and so on pales in comparison to What those men and women go through every day. This has now become petty and I shall treat it as such.

I bid you tight lines, fair skies, and farewell.

Blog Entries

All of this hubbub about inappropriate jokes, peoples feelings being hurt and so on pales in comparison to What those men and women go through every day. This has now become petty and I shall treat it as such.

I bid you tight lines, fair skies, and farewell.[/quote]

Eric I am with you on this one, the seemingly big issues are truly minor when we stop to think of it in that context, which is part of the reason I quit the world and retired, at the base too many REMFs thinking of them selfs and after the Army too many fake business men/people worrying about themselves and not their workers, so I said to Hell with it, and ended that stuff.

I hope by farewell you don't drop off from the BB as I feel that then the others have won and that sucks...
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

nighthawk Guest

I need to take a few days off from this forum and then I will consider coming back. I appreciate all of the support, it means so much to me. If I continue to post here right now I am really going get the fur flying and I do not want to insult anyone.

Eric I just want to say I have never been insulted by anything you have said. You will always be welcome in my house. Hope to see you back soon.

Rocky

+ Reply to Thread