+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Material!

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Default New Material!

I tied this fathead minnow with a new material called Nuclear Emission Wing (N.E.W.) from a company called Polaris in Alaska. This is going to revolutuionize fly-tying.

All you do is tie it on and hit it with a heat gun for a few seconds, and viola! A perfect fly! This miinnow took me less than 2 minutes to tie from start to finish.

Here is a link to videos on tying with thier materials. You've got to see this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbv_sKvsGz4

that looks great! does the heat gun make it wrinkle? i need to tie a few of those for some bass fishing!

Interesting Concept Gigmaster, But It gives me shivers up and down my spine. I guess i'm old Fashioned or stuck in my ways, and this N.E.W. Just doesn't seem like fly tying to me.

Great Idea and I'm sure it will do the job. But I guess I'll just Pass on this one. Have Fun. Jax

Here is a bluegill I just tied up. Check the time between my posts, including taking the picture and posting on photbucket. This fly took me less than 4 minutes, and it looks great. I love this stuff!

Last edited by Gigmaster; 01-23-2008 at 06:16 AM. Reason: mis-spelled word

Gigmaster,
    That is a great looking fly! Does that material float or sink?
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

that ought to catch some bass for sure!

Default N.e.w.

Quote Originally Posted by mnklagoon View Post
    that looks great! does the heat gun make it wrinkle? i need to tie a few of those for some bass fishing!
    No, it's already crinckled, but they have straight stuff as well. The heat gun makes the stuff shrink (sort of like shrink wrap) into the shape of a fish, and it stays that way, but the fibers still move like marabou. The heat also makes the stuff shine with all kinds of different colors, depending on how you look at it, sort of undertones to the main colors. I don't know how it does it. I saw one of the videos on YouTube, and out of curiousity, I went to thier website at http://1a-fly-fishing.com/ and ordered a few small bags of some of thier materials. I'm glad I did. This stuff is only $2.50 for a bag about twice the size of what I get in an EP Fibers bag for $6.49 at Cabelas.

They also have great looking wings for grasshoppers, mayflies and other insectoids, irridescent colored fly foam (great for frogs and hoppers), and a whole bunch of other neat stuff I've never seen before. They have free video tutorials on the site to show you how to use it. It's a good marketing tool, because they sure got me for a customer, now.

In about 4 hours, I am going to see if the stripers below the dam like this bluegill as much as I do.

Semper Fi!
    Last edited by Gigmaster; 01-23-2008 at 07:07 AM.

DShock

Gigmaster,
    That is a great looking fly! Does that material float or sink?
    Doug

It is neutral, does not soak up water and can be weighted to sink faster, or used with either a floating head or with a foam under body to float. Check out the Polaris videos on YouTube. The link is in my first post. You're gonna be amazed!

And last, but not least...here is a shad. This one took about 3-1/2 minutes to tie. I did not use a pattern, but just from memory of what the fish look like.

I am in love with this stuff!

Gigmaster, I was so facinated by this material, when I looked at your flies and the video, I just ordered a big batch of it. I am looking forward to tying with it. Thanks for the info. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

+ Reply to Thread