+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Part for 1494 Medalist

Default Part for 1494 Medalist

Hi All! I have a 1494 Pflueger Medalist, circa 1970s. Markings are Pflueger 1494 DA Made In USA. Many years ago I had to grind down what is on the parts list as #12, the Crossplate - the part that mounts to the reel seat. The reel and plate are still fully functional, but I was wondering if anyone had a source for parts. I would like to replace the plate and get the reel in original condition. I have the parts list and can get the specific part number. The Orvis equivalent at the time was their Madison, and actually they may be worth a call as sometimes parts lay around for years. Anyway, maybe someone here knows whether parts are still available, or maybe I just need to keep an eye out for an old one on Ebay and cannabilize parts.
    Thanks in advance!
    Good Tying and Good Fishing!
    Bob

The #1494,(besides it's first and second production runs in the mid 30s and then mid 50s again), was reintroduced in 1962 and made until 1994, here in the states. So, about any model you can find to "part out" should fit your reel.
    You might also drop a note to Pflueger's service dept. Buddy of mine had a handle replaced on his very old 1492, by them and shipping, repair, the whole banana cost him $7.95. Contact them, via their web site........... http://www.pfluegerfishing.com
    Hope this helps!?!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks Flybinder. I was thinking that when things broke down and they went offshore to China that parts would change in size and fit. When the reels first went to China they really looked crappy in comparison to the USA ones, and I always felt bad to see a great old model get cheesed up - and it also looked like the part went to cheap stamped as opposed to a cast and plated piece. I guess I didn't realize the very long production run(s) here in the states. I'll try the folks at Pflueger. The plate on the 1494 1/2 that I have looks to be the same, so the crossplate could have been a standard piece for the 1492- the larger sizes.
    Thx,
    Good Tying and Good Fishing!
    Bob

+ Reply to Thread