+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: off topic Anyone tried this oil-less deep fryer from Char-Br

nighthawk Guest

Default Re: off topic Anyone tried this oil-less deep fryer from Char-Br

Hey folks,
    We do have this great family event going on in February in Harrisburg:

http://www.easternsportshow.com/App/hom ... ame=100280

A day at the show and a day or two fishing. Could be a good time for all.

Blog Entries

Eric

Lets know how it works out, hope they bring them to Canada, sounds like a nice addition to my smoker and Bar-b-q,
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Blog Entries

Eric, You NEEd to re-read my post. I'm not teasing you, go to the Idaho fish in you can see 100s of Turkeys close up and its Turkey season during the fish in. If you want to waste a bullet thats up to you but these ones you could just reach out and strangle. Notice the wonderful fly tying type feathers they come wrapped in.

One of the guys spread some cheetos around and on the steps and roof of Steve Zweiber's camper so they would peck on it. But they forgot Steve had Lady the black lab with him. Before about 30 Turkeys got to work pecking on the camper Steve let Lady out for her morning constitutional and all Heck broke loose. We all laughed our butts of about that. Lady it turns out loves Turkeys.

In Southeastern BC in the Creston-Cranbrook Idaho Border area they have multiplied so much they are pests. 20 years ago there were none in my area. They have been re introduced and This year we got two for the Pot. They actually have Turkey area warning signs along highway #3 . A fellow in Sandpoint Idaho told me his windshield shop gets about 1 or 2 busted windshields a week because of Turkeys going thru them.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

this is a little offtopic, but when you fry a turkey, how do you make gravy, dumplings, ect
    without the drippings ?

i assume this oil less thing allows those to be collected?
    -----
    Roger
    Princess Anne, Md

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mdram
    this is a little offtopic, but when you fry a turkey, how do you make gravy, dumplings, ect
    without the drippings ?

Roger,
    Not off topic at all. The drippings are collected in a removable pan in the bottom of the fryer. From what I have read so far you just pull out the pan and remove the drippings for your gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk
    Quote Originally Posted by mdram
    without the drippings ?

Roger,
    Not off topic at all. The drippings are collected in a removable pan in the bottom of the fryer. From what I have read so far you just pull out the pan and remove the drippings for your gravy.

ohhhhhh, so much better then deep frying then. as thats my biggest issue with frying, i gotta have gravy and dumplings with my bird
    -----
    Roger
    Princess Anne, Md

Normand Guest

heres another. indoor turkey fryer

http://www.masterbuilt.com/products_etf.htm

watching an infomercial right now

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber
    Eric,
    Were you possibly referring to me as the turkey junkie?...If so, you are right!!...Fried turkey, that is. Yep, boiled in oil, smothered in a great rub (which makes all the difference in the world). I fry a 14 pounder in 49 minutes & it is excellent. Only absorbs about 1/4 cup of oil....on the other hand, when I fried my leg several years ago, I think I absorbed about 1 full cup! LOL!! I'm still frying 'em, just not bein' stupid anymore!
    Seriously, I can't imagine turkey done any other way than deep frying. I'll be frying 2 for Thanksgiving at my niece's & 2 more for New Years at our annual family New Year's picnic.

Joe...We may just have to descend upon Eric in Feb...hey, I'll haul the fryer along. Your guy's choice...turkey or my own buffalo wings. Name your poison!
    Mike

Hmmm.... Jack, Warren, I think that we might consider kidnapping Mike and relocating him down here. Besides, TennesseeTuber just sounds better than OhioTuber and I dare say that we can put him into enough big 'gills to make him forget Ohio.

Ed

+ Reply to Thread