+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Catch and Release Study

Default Re: Catch and Release Study

I am sure happy that somebody made a few $ studying C&R. But I was born and raised in south west P.A. Fish and game stock trout for april opening day.If you go to 60% of the streams at the end of july to late aug alot are dried up dead trout laying in them and some are so low water temp is so high thay died. C&R is good on some water but not others.

Standstall

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by standstall
    I am sure happy that somebody made a few $ studying C&R. But I was born and raised in south west P.A. Fish and game stock trout for april opening day.If you go to 60% of the streams at the end of july to late aug alot are dried up dead trout laying in them and some are so low water temp is so high thay died. C&R is good on some water but not others.

Standstall
    Sounds like you have a real problem in PA, somebody should study the water(less) streams, I am not being mean or anything, if the streams historically had water and now are in bad shape then it is time for action, not only studies. I hate the thought that the system (read the MAN) is stocking the lakes to take the focus off the problems with the rivers? Maybe hoping folks will say "OHH well we have the stockers in the lakes who cares what is going on in the streams. Plse tell me that that is not the case!
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Hello

The streams that I am talking about I Fly fished with my father from age 7 until he died. the streams were like that all my life. I am retired and living in arkansas with the North Fork and White rivers Just a few miles away. I pratace C&R with the native trout But keer 3 or 4 HATCHERY TROUT for MOMMA and she loves them KEEP MOMMA HAPPY.

Standstall

+ Reply to Thread