+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warm & Fuzzy Fly fishers?

Default Re: Warm & Fuzzy Fly fishers?

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner
    And, wouldn't it be fun to be mistaken as a young person again??
    I recently had a woman clerk ask to see my driver's license when I bought some cigars...

...I asked her if I could kiss her on the cheek!

I then kidded her about her eyeglass prescription...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flyandtie
    "Respect is not given the day you are born,,,It is earned over a lifetime."--Just made that one up.

Thanx for the input! It really is appreciated to hear the opinions!
    Fly and Tie

You do not have to do this for me, BUT

It would be nice if you thank your parents for us ( all of us on this BB) and my wife and I , I read her your post and she being the mom of three boys was very impressed with you and your maturity, she asked me to ask you if your parents were/are fly fishers, and that they must have dun a great job with you or at least laid the foundation... then she said fly fishing is something like making great love ... but you don't need to know the rest yet..
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishfairwx
    "Respect is not given the day you are born,,,It is earned over a lifetime."--Just made that one up.

Fly and Tie

It would be nice if you thank your parents for us ( all of us on this BB) and my wife and I , I read her your post and she being the mom of three boys was very impressed with you and your maturity, she asked me to ask you if your parents were/are fly fishers, and that they must have dun a great job with you or at least laid the foundation... then she said fly fishing is something like making great love ... but you don't need to know the rest yet..
    Thank you for the very kind words!!

I will thank them,,,I have many times before to.

To answer other questions:
    Parents were never fly fishers,,,But they did a fantastic job of parenting and raising me!
    They definately laid the foundation and the right path for me.
    I appreciate that even when I wanted to go against them, They stuck with me because they knew I would eventually realize I was wrong. (which I was)

then she said fly fishing is something like making great love ... but you don't need to know the rest yet..

Lots of good advice has just come your way from a bunch of old guys that have been there and done that .
    More good advice:
    Dorks surface where ever you are ,ignore them and move on.
    Keep your head up and maintain eye contact.
    Speak in a level courteous voice.
    At least attempt to appear confident in what you are doing.
    Dont let yourself be bullied( unless your way out numbered = more than two of them, then get the h'll outta there, some days it aint worth wearing the wuppin).
    People may not like you but at least you can inspire them to respect you.
    Also get a copy of the poem 'If" by a guy named Rudyard Kypling.
    Its a good read and applies to every young man.
    Eventually you will end up being a geezer (over 40 or in my case ,way over 40 ) and you will have a pack of free advice that you will feel the need to pass on to the younger fellows comming up .

I tracked down that poem on google,,,Very good poem indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishfairwx

Fly and Tie

Thank you for the very kind words!!

I will thank them,,,I have many times before to.

To answer other questions:
    Parents were never fly fishers,,,But they did a fantastic job of parenting and raising me!
    They definately laid the foundation and the right path for me.
    I appreciate that even when I wanted to go against them, They stuck with me because they knew I would eventually realize I was wrong. (which I was)

then she said fly fishing is something like making great love ... but you don't need to know the rest yet..
    Chris, On that NOTE! Stay S I N G L E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AS Loooonnnggggg!!!! As YOU CAN!!!!!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Doug,

To late for that one to.

HEY!!! Look at what I found Doug, Just don't watch them for too long.

Doug,

To late for that one to.

HEY!!! Look at what I found Doug, Just don't watch them for too long.
    Chris,
    That's not very nice to make me sea sick on my Birthday! Anyway I don't know what religion you are but if it's Buddism, I've got the PERFECT PLACE for you to GOOOO!!!!!
    www.gomangtour.org/ This WAY!!! You just hang with these Monks and STAY away from FEMALES!!!!
    Your Welcome!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I know that "Old Guy's" Comment was NOT in anyway directed toward me, As Being any such...as I am only 37....... Couple more years till that fits me...
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Blog Entries

Chris, On that NOTE! Stay S I N G L E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AS Loooonnnggggg!!!! As YOU CAN!!!!! Very Happy

Hay Hay DShock (Doug)

It might be your birthday and all but, a good woman can save a boy from being an half A$$ed man, I met Ann when I was just a couple years older than FlyandTie and she has kept me from self destructing for over 28 years, and most of the time making me think it was my idea to unscrew what I just screwed up. She lets me fish and hunt and camp when ever I want, and let me play solider and travel the world, and call it a career.

Fly and Tie

I am in no way saying you are a Half A$$ed boy/man, but if you find the right girl/person then, don't be half A$$ed about it .. BUT DON"T JUMP INTO OR ON TO ANY THING WITH OUT THINKING IT THROUGH EITHER (I AM TALKING ABOUT TRENCHES AND HAND GRENADES HERE)

Doug

I am not mad or anything I just know the facts on this one (granted my view may be a little narrow) Ann and I did live in blissful sin with her for a number of years though
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

+ Reply to Thread