+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pictures from my BC, Canada trip

Default Re: Pictures from my BC, Canada trip

Thanks for sharing. The scenery alone would have made that adventure successful for me.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I'm glad i could entertain you with these pictures.

Some really do think there are no fish in British Columbia. Just because you can't catch them dosen't mean they aren't there.

A fisherman exited the lake with spinning gear and told me they weren't biting. I got to the water's edge and saw fish at the surface. Told my wife I would be right back. Walked a quarter mile to the car to get my stuff. Third cast and I had a fish on. Then it was, see one catch one. I was told that these fish of 8-10 inches may be 4-5 years old as they have a very short season to feed.

The reason I don't have a picture of the Chinook is because my guide had my camera and was off scouting other areas to fish. My guide's name is Pat Beahen who works through Whistler Flyfishing. He was an excellent exuberent guide who wouldn't quit. He was ready to try more sites when I had to call it quits. Taught me alot about freestone streams and fishing techniques. Good humour, good stories, traded flies, caught fish. The catching turns out to be a minor reward of the the trip.

Later, I tried my luck on some freestone creeks on Vancouver Island. What I learned from Pat was put to use and was always successful.

The ocean fishing in these waters are superb for salmon and halibut. Next time I go to BC I will have to take out a charter boat.

tl

Quote Originally Posted by tlooze
    I'm glad i could entertain you with these pictures.

Some really do think there are no fish in British Columbia. Just because you can't catch them dosen't mean they aren't there.

A fisherman exited the lake with spinning gear and told me they weren't biting. I got to the water's edge and saw fish at the surface. Told my wife I would be right back. Walked a quarter mile to the car to get my stuff. Third cast and I had a fish on. Then it was, see one catch one. I was told that these fish of 8-10 inches may be 4-5 years old as they have a very short season to feed.

The reason I don't have a picture of the Chinook is because my guide had my camera and was off scouting other areas to fish. My guide's name is Pat Beahen who works through Whistler Flyfishing. He was an excellent exuberent guide who wouldn't quit. He was ready to try more sites when I had to call it quits. Taught me alot about freestone streams and fishing techniques. Good humour, good stories, traded flies, caught fish. The catching turns out to be a minor reward of the the trip.

Later, I tried my luck on some freestone creeks on Vancouver Island. What I learned from Pat was put to use and was always successful.

The ocean fishing in these waters are superb for salmon and halibut. Next time I go to BC I will have to take out a charter boat.

tl
    Gnu Bee Flyer,
    IS THIS TRUE?????? Are you just a failure at fishing????
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

nighthawk Guest

Beautiful!

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing. BC is an awesome place for sure. Flying out there a week from Sunday but for meetings and will likely only get to sneak in one day of fishing : (. I'll return again in Oct. thought and will then wear the fish out.

It's a place that everyone should get to at some point in their lives. There is so much to see with so much varied terrain and of course then there are all those fish!!!

Hey Dr. Fish, what part of BC are you going to in October? PM me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu Bee Flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by DShock
    By the way! Gnu Bee Flyer, You said there were NO (NONE) FISH in BC??????
    One smallish fish picture, probably faked to make it look like there were fish in that lake. And a tale of an alleged 3 foot Chinook 3 feet away that there are no photos of.

No my Dear Dshock this does not prove that there are any fish here.

Oh sure once in a while in the high mountain lakes a fish from the last ice age will thaw out as shown in the third picture but that is a one in a kabillion lucky shot.

Next thing we know, you will be claiming to have seen fish in North Dakota.
    Really now, you must stop spreading these rumors.

The presence of a fish in the photos leads me to believe that tlooze took a wrong turn at seattle and accidently drove to New Zealand ( Happens all the time )where there actually are some fish.

You will also note that he took the pictures In BC ( Before Christ ) so way back then there may have been some fish up here but not now.

DG I would like to meet the man who's backcast could reach those wires.
    Hay I agree with Gnee Bee Flyer and if you ask there is not darn fish in Alberta, so skip and check out PEI, they have great salt water rabbits there, may not have any thing to do with fish but it will take your mind off the fact .....
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

+ Reply to Thread