Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Claude Dallas to be released

He served the time that was given to him. I think thats all that matters.Just my 2 cents later Matt

------------------
    To each there own !

I don't think that someone who shoots down two on duty wildlife law enforcement officers should ever breath free air again. I've been a KS Hunter Ed. instructor for many years and I would hate to see the conservation officers I know killed by poachers. When you think about it, they often deal with people that are better armed than themselves.

Like many of us on this BB, I take a pretty hard line against poaching. When I go fishing, I follow the rules and I expect those I'm around to do the same. Slot lengths, creel limits, tackle restrictions, catch and release rules and other regulations are important conservation tools. Hunting and trapping regulations, like with fishing, are designed to help ensure that future generations will have the opportunity to enjoy our great outdoors as we do today.

I'm sure Dallas will become a folkhero to some people but not to me. Conservation officers have a duty to do and they shouldn't have to die for it.

ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!!!!
    The man shot 2 men...self defense...maybe...but to walk up and put a bullet in their head???? It's OK because one of them was a pr**k??!!
    Not really the "hero" i tell my son to look up to.
    Maybe if he takes a 22" brown out-of-season
    and gets caught he should just "off" the ranger...he can be a "hero" too!!
    bill

I'm with Castwell on this one and hoped this thread would be gone by sun up. Since it's still here...

Ridiculous. Chalk up another win for the lunatic fringe. People wouldn't be turning this clown into a folk hero if he was a paper-pusher at some suburban office park. Or a black homeless guy living under a bridge. But this joker is a man's man, living off the land in the spirit of the Old Wild West. Give me a break.

He broke the law when he trapped those bobcats out of season. He then broke the law again when he shot two law enforcement officers dead and tried to hide his crime. It doesn't matter if the officers were jerks. I got stopped by a police officer in Detroit once and I thought he was a jerk. Guess what? I didn't shoot him. Why? Two reasons:
    1.) My momma always taught me that you can't just go around shooting people because you don't like them or they were mean to you.
    2.) The State of Michigan would have certainly stuck a needle in my arm, even if I argued that I was a citizen soldier fighting against the tyranny of an oppressive government blah, blah, blah.

I like wildlife officers. I usually get along pretty well with wildlife officers. Why? Because I don't break the law, I fish with a license, and I don't act like an a$$ if an officer asks me a question.

Hey there Pete;
    Your comment "hope no one here has a run-in with a bad cop", well hells bells for some reason I can't fathom the scenario. Is it maybe that I obey the law and therefor have "no fear"?
    Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

Marco, ask the parents of many little girls (and boys) in Central Oregon about the 4 cops who boinked their children and sold them drugs. The jail they are in now is not enough.

Closed Thread