+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cape Cod Trip

Default Cape Cod Trip

Headed to Newport RI. and Cape Cod with the wife in a week for a road trip holiday and looking for advice on places to surf cast and do a little sightseeing/ relaxing.
    Advice on little places to stay, eat good seafood cheap and spend a day or two would be great.
    We plan to land in Newport then on to Cape Cod and maybe drive north up the coast a bit so any info on NH. and ME would help too.
    We have been to Barr Harbour and north before.
    Not looking for nightlife or Tourist traps but any small towns with good food, reasonable accommodations and a Beach would be appreciated.
    I am bringing an 8wt (and a bait slingin surf Rod just in case) stowaway 4wt in case of small streams along the way.
    Thanks in Advance
    DuFf
    Outlet or Flyshop Locations for Fly gear/wear at ridiculous cheap prices would also be appreciated.

Default Rhode Island

I take it that Narraganset Bay is full of places to get stripers. I just got back from my second summer trip to R.I. but have not fished the salt yet. Some of their ponds have fantastic Bluegill fishing if you'd like to try that on a 3 weight. Hope you have a great trip.

If you do find a sports store and are still interested in the float tube check out the Outcast Fish Cats. They are pretty much as good as my Fat Cat and I've seen them for $135 U.S. Another one to look into for about the same price (sometimes even cheaper on sale) is the Creek Co. ODC420. At this time of the year you might come across a great deal. Then the "Crabbe" could come out to meet the "Beastie" at his trout club.

Anything happenining at the Creek they named after you? I have to go out to Oshawa later in the week to visit my niece who just got married.

Fishing the Cape is easy, just look for water, the fish will be there!! The cape is an unbelievable fishery.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

If you get to Brewster, walk way out on the flats from Paines beach to fly fish for stripers at low tide. Start about an hour before low tide and work your way back as the tide comes in. The fish are not always big, but it is a lot of fun and a beautiful spot.

+ Reply to Thread