+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pride Swap - Show 'em off!

Default Pride Swap - Show 'em off!

*********SWAP IS FULL*****************

Well, my BWO swap which marked my entrance into the FAOL community is over. What does that mean? It's time for another swap of course! This one will be 12 tiers (including myself) and the theme is pride.

Everyone has that certain fly. You know the one, everytime you finish one you sit back with a big smile on your face and stare at it. Now, I'm not talking about show flies, just a fishing pattern that you think you tie particularly well. It's the fly that you're most proud of. The one that you're most likely to pull out of your box when you want to impress someone. Well, here's your chance to impress us with it! There are no restrictions on size, style, type, or species. Bring 'em on!

Registration for this swap will close 2/15 (though I hope it will be full long before then) and flies will be due to me by 3/31. My last swap went out on time and I fully expect this one to do the same.

Since there has been such a great response to this one I'm expanding it to include 12 swappers, which means everyone will need to tie 11 flies. If you were already in the swap at six and don't feel that you can tie the extra 5 flies let me know. I'm sure we can work something out.

****************SWAP IS FULL***************

Jeremy

1. Lew - Extended Body PMD Parachute - rec'd
    2. Z - yak Stone - rec'd
    3. gqualls - Copperhead Nymph - rec'd
    4. Danny Gober - Bugger - sent
    5. Troutstalker99 - Turkey quill calibaetis - rec'd
    6. JeremyH - TBD
    7. Tyflier - Cree Adams - rec'd
    8. Sirrom - Isonychia Nymph - rec'd
    9. Ron Mason - Were Wulf - rec'd
    10. billknepp - Bill's Lil'Brown Cricket - rec'd
    11. Biot Midge - TBD - rec'd
    12. feenom - TBD - rec'd

[This message has been edited by JeremyH (edited 03 February 2006).]

[This message has been edited by JeremyH (edited 04 February 2006).]

[This message has been edited by JeremyH (edited 31 March 2006).]

I haven't tried one of these yet, so maybe I'll give it a shot. When you're baptizing me, don't forget to bring me back up. If you're not impressed, do I get banned from fly swaps? Shouldn't be any trouble getting six flies to you by March.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

I'll join in on this one. I just built a fly for the crawfish swap and I'm really happy with it. Sign me up for my custom crawfish.

By the way, here is the recipe for my fly.

Hook - #8 2x heavy, 3x long
    Thread - brown
    Body - brown chenille
    Hackle - brown
    Eyes - black bead chain
    Case/tail - brown swiss straw
    Ribbing - copper wire
    Antenna - brown rubber leg material
    Claws - Mini pine squirrel zonkers dyed brown
    Tied with lead wire wrapped around the hook to help the fly sink and to build up the body just a little.

Jeremy,

I'd like to be a part of this swap. Don't know yet if I will tye a nymph or streamer .... leaning towards my best nymph.
    Thanks for the invite.

If you want six of my old reliable, put me down. Warning it's just an ugly black bugger. Dan

Danny, if that's the pattern that you feel you tie the best, or you feel best showcases your abilities as a tier then bring it on.

Ok, so far we have Lew pattern TBD, Ole Blue with a crawfish, gqualls patter TBD, and Danny Gober with a bugger pattern. Off to a great start. Just two more spots.

[This message has been edited by JeremyH (edited 02 February 2006).]

hey guys I'm new to the site but this sounds like alot of fun put me down for a turkey quill calibeatis.

Please count me in. It will be an Isonychia Nymph.
    Chuck

Ok, troutstalker. I've got you down for a calibaetis. Sirrom, I'm sorry but the swap is full. I didn't expect it to fill up so quickly!

Ok guys, most of you probably know the deal with these swaps. Flies are due in to me no later than 3/31. If all bugs are in early, they will be sent out as soon as they're received. All flies must be toe tagged with at least the tiers name. Please send your flies in a crush proof container and include a self addressed stamped envelope for return postage.

I will be sending each of you an email with my mailing address. If the email address listed in your profile is not correct, please send me an email so that I'll have the correct one.

With my last swap I included a sheet of paper listing all of the patterns for swap flies, and I'd like to do that again. Please email me the recipe for the pattern that you will be tying when you get a chance.

Thanks!
    Jeremy

+ Reply to Thread