+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roscoe Fish-In Swap

Default Roscoe Fish-In Swap

For Fish-In attendees.

See thread "Roscoe Fish-In: Another Activity" on the FAOL general bulletin board.

Allan

Fellow Roscoe Fish-In-ers.
    Here's yet another activity, purely voluntary, that we'll have at the Fish-In:

Fly Swap:
    Anyone who is going to be there may participate. No mail-ins. Swap will take place Friday evening during the tying session.
    Everyone ties 6 flies(a set) each of 2 patterns. That's a total of 12 flies. Place each set(6 of each pattern) in a container along with your name and the name of the pattern. So you will have 2 containers each with 6 flies in it. Friday night we will place all containers in a hat or bag. Everyone who submits flies will draw 2 containers from the hat or bag. (if I remember, I'll bring extra film containers)

Keep in mind that the theme of this swap is: Flies expected to be on the water for you 'match-the-hatchers' or attractors that can be used during the Fish-In. So please tye your flies accordingly. If you need some hatch references, see the Hatch Chart in the Fish-In information.

It's getting close. A mere 19 days. As Yogi Berra said, "It's getting late, early"

Reports are that the rivers are low and clear but it's finally raining. The weather outlook is for the rain to continue for several days. We may get lucky.

Allan

Got mine done.

Who'splaying?

Not counting today, just 2 more days till I'm down in Roscoe. Yippee!

Allan

I am in,see you Friday! CJ

Allan,
    Thanks so much for the Caddis patterns,beautiful as I would expect from you.I know the swap turnout was huge,but I was glad to get your flies! Great seeing you and the guys,talk to you soon. CJ

[This message has been edited by catskilljohn (edited 04 June 2006).]

+ Reply to Thread