+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 'MATERIAL SWAP'

My box arrived a few minutes ago (I was home today trying to shake off some nasty gunk that's ailing me).

Lots of good stuff in there! I don't see anything I'd call junk and I see plenty that I'll be happy to tie with.

I got some goodies that I haven't tried before and more of some stuff I was almost out of (saving me a trip to find more).

Thanks everybody! And especially our swapmeister!

(check the back of the paper tucked in the baggy of stuff from me...if I recall, I got a bit long winded and some of the info is on the back of the page)

[This message has been edited by Thwack (edited 06 March 2006).]

fish'n Nick,

"WOW thats alot, mostly junk,(by the looks of it) but everything has its place! I feel like a cheapo, but a leader will probably be of use(more so than scraps of foam,feather/fur) ..."

> I don't know what you expected. A jungle cock neck perhaps? This was a swap that allowed people to get rid of 'stuff' they had in abundance or wouldn't use and hopefully get something they could use. 'One man's junk is another man's treasure'. Suggestion: Pass on this swap next time.

All packages were mailed Friday except 'salovin'. Yours was mailed this morning.

Allan

[This message has been edited by tyeflies (edited 06 March 2006).]

FREE IS WORTH SAVING UP FOR,,,

IF AND WHEN I JOIN THE NEXT SWAP, YOU WON'T SEE ANY COMPLAINING FROM ME.

ANY ONE HAVE AN INTEREST IN STARLING SKINS? I HAVE TO KEEP THEM OFF MY VINYARD IN THE FALL AND SOMETHING TELLS ME THERE WILL BE PLENTY TO BE HAD. ALL I WOULD WANT IS COMPENSATION FOR PREPARING AND SHIPPING. LET ME KNOW. JONEZEE

------------------
    I learn more about the world while talking to myself when fishing alone

I would imagine if its junk you could with no regret donate it to a boyscout group or somebody thats new into tying flies that would appreciate that box full of junk ! I'm pretty happy with what I got but then again I was raised to appreciate people and things given .

------------------
    The more time I spend around people the more I like my dog.

Mike

Nick,

You're right. I didn't get it, but I hope you got my suggestion which was not meant with any sarcasm.

Allan

Allan,

Rec'd box today with treasure galore in it! Can't wait to tie up some "critters" that, will hopefully, fool a few wily finny creatures. Thanks again for hosting Allen and a big thank you to the other participants.

I want to say thank you to everyone for letting me in on this swap. I got some stuff that I will definately use particualy all the different types of hairs. I feel bad only sending out turkey quills for the amount of things I received. Some of you guys put way more than five bucks worth of stuff into it. Well I will know better for next time. Great job to the swap master.

------------------
    Who has time for stress when there are fish to catch.
    Nick
    Your hooks sharp????

Thanks everyone for the time you spent putting your stuff together. Some of this stuff will really come in handy. Thanks to Allan for another great swap!!! Scott

Allan: I need to ask you about the Camel. My wife made me put it outside. What's the story? =) Scott

Scott,

That was part of a BIG clump I got from a nearby 'petting zoo'. It was sheared in the springtime from a camel. When I got the hair I washed it clean. Have had it for over 2 years and have not seen any bugs. As far as use, the longer hair is good for leech type streamers. The shorter hair and fur is good for nymphs. I don't think any of what I sent is good for dry flies. The stuff absorbs water easily and will sink.

Allan

Thanks for the info on the camel. I was wondering also but hadn't asked yet...

+ Reply to Thread