+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tempory Wader Repair

Hybrid View

Good info, guys! But.............., I was intending this as a quick fix discussion. All these products you've mentioned take TIME to cure/apply. The FLEX TAPE product can even be applied underwater. It might just be that little piece of something that saves a day of fishing. My next test was going to be just that, patching a hole while wading (I know most of you have experienced a hidden stick that had punctured your waders). Don't know when I will be able to do the test though, it turned COLD here in Michigan. LOL
    Work is something for people that don't fish.

Do let us know how the Flex Tape works out.

I have made an overnight repair with the Aqua Seal. Seems that a pair of hip boots was leaking at the upper sole edge of the boot. I simply applied a smear of the AquaSeal in the area (exterior) after the boot had dried off in the sun, and put the boots to use the next morning (was dry to the touch) and that was the end of that leak.

Quote Originally Posted by MikelC View Post
    Good info, guys! But.............., I was intending this as a quick fix discussion. All these products you've mentioned take TIME to cure/apply. The FLEX TAPE product can even be applied underwater. It might just be that little piece of something that saves a day of fishing. My next test was going to be just that, patching a hole while wading (I know most of you have experienced a hidden stick that had punctured your waders). Don't know when I will be able to do the test though, it turned COLD here in Michigan. LOL
    I use flexible UV resin.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

This is not a quick fix. But I have Simms waders. With simple pin hole leaks I use plain old Liquid Stitch from the clothing department at Wal-Mart. So far all the holes I have done with it....and in another pair of waders different brand....are still not leaking. I just spread it on and let it set overrnight. It dries flexible. Works for me. Just fyi.....

+ Reply to Thread