+ Reply to Thread

Thread: photobucket

Hybrid View

Default photobucket

Pardon me if this is old news or fake news, but it appears photobucket is now charging for posting pics to forums. I saw a post by planettrout on another thread, so I signed up on http://imgur.com/

It appears to be easier to use than photobucket, to post this pic I uploaded the pic, selected "small square", then clicked copy next to "BBCode", then pasted here.

I am not endorsing imgur, but it appears to be a safe alternative to photobucket. FYI
    "Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it"
    Ed Zern

In the age of rising and falling dotcoms, not sure how you determine a particular services is "safe" unless it is backed by a particularly large concern...and even then services come and go and EULA's change on a regular basis. You missed it, but there's a similiar discussion going on in the flytying group. The gotcha is for how long should one expects these 'free' services to last. Probably unreasonable to expect these types of services to last forever.

Blog Entries

Dale,
    Sorry, don't understand this post?

I am now using imgbb, but I definitely agree with Whatfly: you can't assume free hosting sites will be around, and free for any length of time.

Blog Entries

I stopped using photo bucket when they flooded the site with adds making it almost impossible to use, when I got the message saying they wanted to charge me to post on 3rd party sites (such as this one) I deleted my account. I went with Tinypics.
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Perhaps I have a completely different perspective. I would thank them for the excellent no cost service they have provided for many years past and tell them I'm not able, if that's the case, to subscribe to the paid service at this time. Free and Forever just ain't.

Mark

Blog Entries

Free fr a long time is possible with a good model which incorporates commercial aspects which don't become a nuisance to users. Witness Facebook, Safari, Google, etc, etc

+ Reply to Thread