+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just to REstate a GRIPE!

Hybrid View

I said this years ago but it did no good! I bet that the majority of the members even know what a "Fish-In" is!

Fish-Ins are the greatest things ever!! A chance to see everyone you've met on FAOL. See some of the prettiest areas of the US. Eat incredible local foods. Fish till you literally drop!! Certainly do wish more information was available on them, out in the open for everyone to see.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I agree. Why hide them?

I think I replied to this some time ago. Let me repeat - Click on Fish-In and voila - what's the difficulty??

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    I think I replied to this some time ago. Let me repeat - Click on Fish-In and voila - what's the difficulty??
    I'm with Tig. What's hidden about FIs. It's as plain as day if you are at all interested. Click on it and there is the information. The problem is that interest is decreasing or so it seem. Kboom could not be more specific about the 2017 MI FI.
    God Bless America

John,
    "The problem is that interest is decreasing................." And I would wonder WHY? Perhaps if it were more "in your face" , interest in the FIs would increase.. Many of us search and read new replies to all forum topics out of interest and curiosity without having to click on sub categories. If the post topic on the main board stated "Michigan Fish In " for example, it would pique the curiosity/interest of a whole lot more readers. If I saw a post "PA Fish In 2017", even if I wasn't there or intended to attend in the future, I would open and read the post as I'm sure many others would also rather than clicking on Fish Ins and then a sub category.
    I cannot make my point any clearer. CURIOSITY rather/more than specific interest drives readership.
    In any case, thanks for the comments either pro or con.

Mark
    Last edited by Marco; 06-01-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    John,
    "The problem is that interest is decreasing................." And I would wonder WHY? Perhaps if it were more "in your face" , interest in the FIs would increase.. Many of us search and read new replies to all forum topics out of interest and curiosity without having to click on sub categories. If the post topic on the main board stated "Michigan Fish In " for example, it would pique the curiosity/interest of a whole lot more readers. If I saw a post "PA Fish In 2017", even if I wasn't there or intended to attend in the future, I would open and read the post as I'm sure many others would also rather than clicking on Fish Ins and then a sub category.
    I cannot make my point any clearer. CURIOSITY rather/more than specific interest drives readership.
    In any case, thanks for the comments either pro or con.

Mark
    THAT being said, are you attending the MI FI this year?
    God Bless America

Blog Entries

Byron, yes they did, sort of. You just can't post about a new Fish-In. Only the Fish-Ins that have been approved by the website administrator, or whoever and have had a slot created for them can be posted about. Brand spanking new Fish-Ins can not be posted about until a slot is made for them.

Must be a reason. Unknown to me as to why.

Larry ---sagefisher---

+ Reply to Thread