+ Reply to Thread

Thread: #6 Regal Vise

Blog Entries

Default #6 Regal Vise

There seem to be a number of Regal Vise users on this site. I have posted about this early edition vise here before, but thought some might enjoy seeing the early version again. This one is stamped "6" on the underneath of the jaws. Most interesting, to me, is that the jaws had the "beaver tooth" which is a tip of one of the jaws which encloses the hook.......presumably so that the jaws would not "spit" the hook out if not seated in far enough. This is shown clearly in the "directions" sheet in the bottom photo. Also, what I find interesting is the decal on the vise stem which says, in part, "Self-Adjusting"...................

Last edited by Byron haugh; 02-17-2016 at 06:09 PM.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing Byron.

Quite interesting for sure. Thanks Byron.

I spent 30 yrs. of my life as a mech. tool designer for many, many varied applications. A "tool" can be as simple as a button that holds you shirt together...really it can or a complex automated insertion device that can "automagically" (thanks Hans) measure, transfer and seal liquid mercury into a fine glass tube for a balancing device attached to a temp. sensitive bi-metallic spring to regulate your home thermostat. (you might be able guess my employer...or not)....*grins* That's just one job.

The applications are as varied as the imagination. That's why I felt much trepidation at being able to perform a task. Lots of brain-work - and that's not my strong point. But when it comes right down to it a huge issue is really a series of smaller ones...you just look at it one step at a time.

The thing that always draws my interest are the many varied designs of our vises, all the different ways to secure that hook in an accessible, secure and comfortable way. I find them fascinating and have this "need" to think I could find a better way.

That need remains!! I can't!

Thanks for your sharing of your tools Byron. I love it. I'm having trouble not buying a J-vise but in all honesty I could go bonkers with the "wants". Reality sets in...!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Quite interesting for sure. Thanks Byron.

Thanks for your sharing of your tools Byron. I love it. I'm having trouble not buying a J-vise but in all honesty I could go bonkers with the "wants". Reality sets in...!
    Aw, go ahead and buy the Jvise. My wife bought me one (with some help!) for Christmas a few years ago and I have really enjoyed using it since. You won't regret it.

Ted

I have number 5 with tooth purple storage bag no decal

Blog Entries

Mine has the denim (I think) drawstring storage bag.
    ibrb, where did you get yours?

+ Reply to Thread