+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Catskills (flooding)

Default Catskills (flooding)

I was thinking (very dangerous), this mostly goes out those that participated in the roscoe fish in 2006 or previous ones. Could we take up some sort of collection to do something for that area. I dont mean for the fishing but for those that are displaced or just need some help up. I dont know exactly what I have in mind or if it is appropriate to put on the board. I am going to do something regardless but I figured if a it was a larger group of people making a donation it may be more effectively utilized.
    Well, just let me know what you all think and if it is not appropriate to be discussed on the board (solicitaion and all that jazz) then I appologize.

Sincerly

Wireguy

wire,

I know you mean well and I think the way to support the area is best summed up by Dennis Skarka(Catskill Flies). I won't use a link to that site, I'm sure you can find it, but in the 'Stream Conditions' section he said (paraphrasing) 'that the best way would be to come up, fish and support the businesses in the area'. I also think there are a couple of threads on that site that are for setting up some activities to help with clean-up.

Good thoughts.

Allan

Great advise Allan.

Allan, RW here'

Great advice Allan. I'm calling Tommy in the next couple days and reserving a room at Rockland House in September for four days. Spread a little money around the area and hope I find things getting back to some semblance of order in the region. I'm sure the Beaverkill has seen much worse in its long and storied history.

Later, RW

------------------
    "Maybe your stature as a fly fisherman isn't determined by how big a trout you can catch, but by how small a trout you can catch without being disappointed." <John Gierach>
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

Hi RW
    Let me know when in september your going would love to meet you guys up there if I could get away for the weekend.
    Monty[/b]

Monty,

The plan is for the weekend of Sept. 23. With luck, I'll be down Friday the 22.

Hope you and others can make it.

Allan

Monty, RW here

We are tryiing to move it up to Sept. 28, 29, 30 and October 1. Thursday through Sunday. Allan and I are okay with that. I'm going to contact some of the other folks.

Later, RW
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

Hi Allan,RW
    Keep me posted of when you will be there I should be able to at least make the weekend.

My wife will be in Nashville for the month of Sept so I am going to try to make this trip. I have a good buddy in highland (over by poughkeepsie) and can kill two birds... If you don't mind the company, that is.

Marty

+ Reply to Thread