+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stolen reel

Default Stolen reel

I'm not sure if this is appropriate here (LF and JC-just pull it if you think so) but I thought I'd give it a shot.
    I had a demo by John Barr this past week in the shop here and had over eighty folks show up. Great program, lots of new faces etc... BUT, it turns out someone walked off with my persoanl Abel reel from the front case. The reel is a blue/green camo Super 8 with "Ragin' Craven" engraved on the frame side above the drag knob. If anyone happens to see it show up on ebay or the like, I would appreciate a heads up. I am just sick over this...don't know what else to say. I apologize if this isn't the right place, and as I said, pull it if it's not allowed.
    Thanks,
    Charlie [url=http://www.charliesflybox.com:8fa5b]www.charliesflybox.com[/url:8fa5b]
    charlie@charliesflybox.com

[This message has been edited by Ragin' (edited 14 March 2005).]

No problem with you posting it Charlie, but we will post it in the Stolen Section as well.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

If I see anyone with it I'll beat them senseless.

That's a very nice looking reel. I hope you get it back. By the way, how much does a reel like that sell for? I've heard of the brand but I'm not familiar with the model.

Charlie,

I am very sorry to hear about you losing that reel. I can't imagine how you feel. I sincerely hope you get it back and that the thief is caught.

Best regards,

-John Rupp

[This message has been edited by ktokj (edited 15 March 2005).]

As a rep. I have done lots of shows and the make of a good one was when the reel bags and reel, rod tubes and rods matched up when it was over. some of the time they did not. Sorry for your loss I never take anythig to a show Just to show it off, If it aint bolted down the bastards will steal it!!

Rich

Sorry to hear this, Charlie ... just hate to hear this kind of news.

I'd like to think that the vast majority of fly fishing sportsman (and women) are an honorable bunch, and I truly believe this. It just seems every so often there's someone from the shady side that's drawn into our midst and catches us all blindsided.

Thanks for posting the information so we can all keep more alert and, who knows, your reel just might turn up someplace in the future.

Dale

That stinks. If it isn't out of line to suggest it, why don't you post this info on every FF board you can find. The more eyes open, the more likelythe sob will be spotted.

Watch Ebay. A lot of thieves are using that as a way to get rid of things they steal. You can put in an alert at ebay to notify you when something close comes up for auction. You might also want to alert your local pawn shops.
    Frank Reid

I am happy to reveal i've recovered my lost.Which happened on Jan 18,i owe it all to persistence. Hope you the same,don't let any rock unturned. good luck bob

[This message has been edited by sunbob (edited 15 March 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread