+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Camera adv ice

Default Camera adv ice

Last week I bought a Pentax Optio W10 digital camera. One of the selling points is that the housing is waterproof. Supposed to be able to take still shots, a short video as well, at up to 5 feet underwater for 30 minutes. I'm sure not saying that it won't do that, but I will admit that I am having a hard time sticking a $350 camera underwater, so I haven't tried that part yet. I like those underwater shots of releasing trout, and would like to try my hand at that.

Does anyone have some experience with this camera and its underwater capability??

------------------
    Jim Johnson

Let me prove it to you. I had the same thoughts but decided to take the chance since they do claim its waterproof...it worked just fine with no negative results...

Hey DH,
    The Pentax labeled "WP, WPi) are waterproof. Your "W10" ?????????. Is is labeled "WATERPROOF"??

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

The W10 is indeed waterproof, it's the successor to the WPi. It's a great camera. I picked one up for myself, and after my fiancee used it a few times she loved it so I grabbed one for her birthday. It's very easy to learn to use the features, and I've used it in the reain, and underwater. Heck, when fishing, mine is usually hanging from my belt on a retractor, it stays in the water with me all day long. I don't like to have to dig for the camera when a good shot comes along. I feel you've made a good choice. Enjoy it for all it's worth, baptise that thing already

[This message has been edited by bwagner (edited 24 June 2006).]

Hi everyone,

You can buy the W10 at [url=http://www.bwayphoto.com:50592]www.bwayphoto.com[/url:50592] for $ 219.00 + 14.99 shipping it's a pretty good deal but the sales people try to sell extra batteries and overpriced SD cards. Just buy the camera and get everything else ware. I have no problems with mine.

Steve.

+ Reply to Thread