+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy Event

Default Happy Event

This is a rather embarassing story. Yesterday I decided to fish the Crooked River which is located in Central Oregon. I pulled into a campground that was occupied by several vehicles and got my gear out and walked about 400 yards from my truck and fished for about 2 hours. The truck was out of sight and when I returned I saw that the door on the truck was wide open.

First thought was "I've been had!". Got to the truck and not a thing was missing. My Sage was still there as was the cell phone, reels and other stuff. There were kids playing within sight of my rig and I imagine that quite a few people had passed by. Only thing I can think of is I had a senior moment and went off and left the door wide open.

Makes you renew your hope that there are a lot of fine people in this world.

Tim

Blog Entries

I've done that twice, and both times all my stuff was still there. Left my camera on top of my truck once too, and it was still there 4 hours later.

I was fishing on the Fall river a few years ago in central Oregon and left a Canon camera laying on the picnic table in the campground. Memorial day weekend and the campground full of people. I got back to camp three hours later and it was still there. Didn't even realize I had left it till I seen it laying there when I returned to my camp.

Rocky

Ain't Oregon Great! Colorado too.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Blog Entries

At the Idaho fish-in I guess I forgot that I still had a 1/2 full glass of red wine which I left on the roof of my car when I turned in. Next morning right at dawn I headed out for my favorite spot on the Lochsa river, about 35 miles up the road. I pulled up to the parking area, got out, closed the car door and began to put my rod together. Thats when I noticed the wine glass on the roof. Apparently some wine had spilled out on the roof then dried during the night which stuck the wineglass stem tight. Incredibly there was still a 1/2 glass of wine swimming with tiny flies left in it .
    Lately Grey moments more and more seem to dot my life.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Went fishing at a local spot here in CA, known for tweekers and break-ins. When I got back to my car there was a note on the windshield which read, "you left your car unlocked...you really shouldn't do that here.". Car was locked and Nothing was missing. I love honest people...no matter what state I am in.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

+ Reply to Thread