+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Doc is taking me out of commission

Hybrid View

nighthawk Guest

Default Doc is taking me out of commission

The back is really going downhill fast. I go in for more MRI scans on Wednesday and then off to neurosurgeon number 1 on March 22nd. Legs go numb then come screaming back to life along with feeling weak, knees unlock, feet burn. Now I am also having worse pain between the shoulder blades down to just under the last rib so the thoracic back is getting worse too.

Doc has taken me off of all duties except operating a fork lift and stand up tug but those too soon will be a thing of the past. I am on strict orders to rest on my days off with my hours at work not to exceed 40 hours per week. It is difficult to sleep or as you might be able to tell even sit at this computer typing. Starting to affect my disposition in a negative way. Heck I have a car that needs inspected by the end of the month but I can't even replace the alternator and brakes that it needs for that. The last little excursion to post pictures of that local creek I was looking at cost me dearly.

We are going to do the rest, therapy and shots before they decide if surgery will even work in my case. I am being told that most cases like mine require a reinforcement of the spinal column. don't know what this will do for my fly fishing, canoing, camping plans but it can't be good. The waiting is so dang tough to handle. At least my employer is willing to work with me and I have been put on Family Medical Leave Act coverage for my time off.

Really stinks that it hurts to even try to cast a fly rod. It won't stop me though as I refuse to let it get me down.

Erik, sit back and take two deep breaths and then do what the doctor tells you. Become a couch patoto and watch Oprah every day( well maybe you needn't go that far). It's your best shot at recovering and returning to your normal life.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

I'm praying for you my friend. May the Lord touch you with His healing hand.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Prayers continue &, as I'm sure you would expect, so will my insults & teasing.
    We'll get you through this one way or the other Eric....but it ain't gonna be "painless" if you know what I mean.
    You know the number buddy....use it anytime.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I'm praying y'all find a way thru this. the Lord provides the dr's to heal you so please do listen to them.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

Best wishes and prayers!!
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

Talking This ones for you

Eric,
    My prayers are always with you and your family! I will add more now.

I've sent something to cheer you up!!

http://<iframe title="YouTube video ...reen></iframe>
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

+ Reply to Thread