+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Good Day Bass'n

Default A Good Day Bass'n

Yesterday my wife & I returned to a favorite little lake for an afternoon and, as it turned out, evening of relaxing and fishing. I started out with a bead head chartreuse woolly bugger & caught a few bass with a bluegill now and then until something big grabbed it, took off and broke my tippet. End of story for that pattern as I didn't have any replacements so I tied on a few other patterns with even less success. The whole time I was thinking I'm not going to have another big fish hit. Then about 6:00 p.m. I noticed some little dimples on the water with a few other larger rises. I thought, what the heck, I'll try a bass popper about the same size as some frogs I'd seen around the edge of the lake. What a difference! In about an hour and a half I caught 7 bass the largest being an 18 incher. The final tally for the day was 12 bass.

The last time I was there with my wife I had the best day catching bass in my life and caught 11. Even since then I kidded my wife about being my good luck charm. Yesterday my luck got even better and all my wife had to do was get a year older. I hope this doesn't end!

Nice! Enjoyed the story. You must have a wonderful wife to join you on the lake...cherish her!

aa
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

Take it to ooold married man, don't mention that getting a year older to your wife, just her charm remains at the lake and you think of her when you are there.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Uncle Jesse wrote:
    "Take it to ooold married man, don't mention that getting a year older to your wife, just her charm remains at the lake and you think of her when you are there."

I should mention that adding another year to my wife doesn't make her older, only better

+ Reply to Thread