+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not been around much but....

Hybrid View

Default Not been around much but....

Hi all. Wierd thing happened today, As you know I have not been around here much of late. I still check in from time to time but for some reason things just didn't seem right to post.

Guess some stuff changed, JC moved on, a couple of my mates that were here left, my personal circumstances changed, I started doing more sea fishing and I ended up buying a small business and now have no money.... Sometimes once you stop doing something it is easier to stay stopped than to start up again.

Just found out today that a good friend of mine has been missing for some time, and I was not even aware of it due to me "lying low." Also today in the paper police have found his body where it had been dumped by a couple of guys who had murdered him, at this stage no idea why.

Well I was gutted today, totally shellshocked. I mowed some grass then rang a couple of mutual friends to get some info, mowed grass again then rang his parents, mowed the same grass again and now I have run out of it, felt the need to vent somewhere, ask the question "How the heck do you deal with crap like this?"

Where do I go to ask the question but right back here, just where it seems right. Funny eh?

"We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Blog Entries

Unhappy

I am sorry for your loss, Gringo. Let us know if we can do anything to help you through this.

Default Well darn

So sorry to hear of your loss. Will add you to our prayers. One day at a time.

Blog Entries

I think I would be in a bit of shock myself.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Blog Entries

Your reaction is a totally normal reaction to an abnormal event in your life. the loss of your friend will never go away, but it will become easier to deal and live with as you honor his memory and live well.

My thoughts and prayers are with you!
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Thanks. Think I might need a few prayers too. Feeling pretty down right now. I guess part of it is guilt for not even knowing he was missing... maybe if I had of not been so immersed in my own issues and had been aware of what was going on then this would not be all so much of a shock.

Elkhunter it's crap isn't it. I spoke with his parents today and gee that didn't help. Oh boy.

Anyway thanks guys. Its tough. Look I am 55, I have lost friends before. I was a paramedic for 30 years so am no stranger to any of this; but it has hit home and rocked my socks today that's for sure.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Stay busy and just remember all the good times with your friend. Mourn his passing but don't dwell on his death to long or it will eat you up. About 25 years ago I lost a friend in the same manner. All I could think about was the way he died and wanting to get my hands on those who did it. I almost lost a couple good friends over it but finally got my head right with the help of friends. I will put you and your friend in my prayers.

Rocky

Blog Entries

Gringo, prayers sent your way. Time will heal this, in the mean time focus on the good times.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

man that's tough. do bawl your eyes out, don't blame yourself. it's impossible to take responsibility for something you had no control over. the Lord will show the way through any adversity, follow Him and you'll be fine.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

Gringo my friend... On the the other side of the world there are alot of folks thinking about you and care, and I'm sure on your side too, sometimes it only takes just one. I know you know that, but sometimes it's good to hear.
    Our prayers are with you,

Tim
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

+ Reply to Thread