+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mustad 9674 Sources?

Default Mustad 9674 Sources?

My preferred site for picking up my streamer hooks just jumped in price by about a buck per fifty pack, and it's looking like Hook and Hackle isn't carrying them at all. These aren't among the hooks Mustad is discontinuing are they?

If not, where are you guys finding them?

Normand Guest

Last edited by Normand; 02-03-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Those are getting harder to come by now. I may phase mine out as I am using tube streamers more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Normand View Post
    Feather Craft is actually the site I've been ordering from. They've jumped a buck since last month.

Normand Guest

if you want to play you have to pay!

try GOOGLE. it should find shops selling them. maybe other shops are cheaper

try different fly shop brands. they should be less expensive.

daiichi 1750 is the equivalent
    Last edited by Normand; 02-03-2010 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Normand View Post
    if you want to play you have to pay!

try GOOGLE. it should find shops selling them. maybe other shops are cheaper

try different fly shop brands. they should be less expensive.
    I've actually been thinking of trying Hook and Hackle's branded hooks, on account of hearing mostly positive things about them. This might very well be the excuse I need to make the switch.

Does anyone know off the top of their heads what H&H's version of a 4x wet fly hook is?

Normand Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Clough View Post
    Does anyone know off the top of their heads what H&H's version of a 4x wet fly hook is?
    no but its easy to look up if you go to the h&h site

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Clough View Post
    My preferred site for picking up my streamer hooks just jumped in price by about a buck per fifty pack, and it's looking like Hook and Hackle isn't carrying them at all. These aren't among the hooks Mustad is discontinuing are they?

If not, where are you guys finding them?
    If I got this right, I think the 9674 Classic hook was discontinued and replaced with the new signature hook R75S-9674. And yes, I'm sure the price went up with the new signature model #. I thought though that most shops would continue to sell the old hooks at the original price until they are gone. Is this not what you are seeing?
    Tim

I think I found the "Classic to Signature Conversion Guide" on Mustad's site.

http://www.mustad.no/signature/2009_..._Upd013009.xls
    Tim

I'm seeing similar price hikes in some of the old style 'pre retool' mustad hooks.

I think it's a matter of supply and demand. They had these hooks in their stocks for quite a while. Now, everyone is scrambling to get whats left.

Some, not all but some, retailers are taking advantage of this new demand and raising the prices to be more in line with what the 'new' models sell for.

I think this will continue. While many retailers lowered the prices to get rid of the old stock, some are now seeing this as a mistake as the demand for the older style hooks escalates. Since they really can't replace these hooks at a similar price point, they have little to lose and everything to gain by selling them for as much as they can get.

If you find some cheap, buy them when you see them. They may either be gone or cost more tomorrow.

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

+ Reply to Thread